Northwest Medical Center is a 300-bed hospital offering a full range of healthcare services including emergency services, accredited chest pain and heart failure programs, neurology and neurosurgery, outpatient imaging, a nationally accredited surgical weight loss program, total joint program, spine program and stroke center (recognized with Gold Seal designations by The Joint Commission), robotic surgery, GI lab, a free-standing women's center, inpatient rehabilitation facility, wound care center, five urgent care facilities, and three ambulatory surgery centers. NMC also has several affiliated physician practices including Northwest Allied Physicians offering primary care and a wide range of specialists, Desert Cardiology of Tucson, Heart Center of Southern Arizona and Northwest Heart & Vascular. NMC is accredited by The Joint Commission and is an equal opportunity employer: race, gender, disability and Veteran status, and VEVRAA Federal Contractor - priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Summary: Participates in the delivery of patient care under supervision of an RN. May be assigned to a non-nursing division but reports for clinical issues to a nurse.
1. Provides competent, safe, and timely care based on the age of the patient within the scope of practice.
2. Accurately obtains and legibly documents patient vital signs and physical exams.
3. Participates in the education, development and implementation of the patient care plan in collaboration with and under the direction of the Registered Nurse.
4. Monitors clinical condition of patients and reports changes to appropriate personnel in a timely manner.
5. Ensures accurate, timely communication among caregivers (e.g. handoff/report, SBAR, timely communication to RN/CNL of issues) to include appropriate chain of command when indicated.
6. Orients, instructs, and trains assigned personnel and/or students.
7. Accurately and timely administers medications and IV fluids, within defined scope of practice.
8. Assumes responsibility for appropriate delegation of patient care tasks and oversees care provided by delegates.
9. Timely reporting, reviewing and documenting of all orders and unexpected incidents or adverse events, including incident reports as applicable
Education: Post High School Vocational/Specialized Training in Practical Nursing required
Experience: One (1) year of clinical experience in area of expertise preferred.
Skills: As defined in Competency Documentation
Licenses/Certifications: Current LPN license in Arizona and BLS certification.
About Northwest Medical Center & Oro Valley Hospital
Northwest Medical Center is a 300-bed community hospital with comprehensive inpatient and outpatient services, ranging from emergency to cardiac, critical care, labor & delivery and beyond. We are nationally accredited in several areas including stroke, chest pain, heart failure and joint and spine surgery. Our mission is to provide the communities we serve with high-quality cost... effective and safe health care.
For Oro Valley:
Oro Valley Hospital has been nationally recognized for its quality care including designation as a Chest Pain Center, NICHE, PEDS "Pediatric Prepared", Primary Stroke Center, STEMI Receiving Center and Trauma Level IV. That coupled with a beautiful hospital in a scenic location makes Oro Valley Hospital an exceptional place to work.