Northwest Medical Center is a 300-bed hospital offering a full range of healthcare services including emergency services, accredited chest pain and heart failure programs, neurology and neurosurgery, outpatient imaging, a nationally accredited surgical weight loss program, total joint program, spine program and stroke center (recognized with Gold Seal designations by The Joint Commission), robotic surgery, GI lab, a free-standing women's center, inpatient rehabilitation facility, wound care center, five urgent care facilities, and three ambulatory surgery centers. NMC also has several affiliated physician practices including Northwest Allied Physicians offering primary care and a wide range of specialists, Desert Cardiology of Tucson, Heart Center of Southern Arizona and Northwest Heart & Vascular. NMC is accredited by The Joint Commission and is an equal opportunity employer: race, gender, disability and Veteran status, and VEVRAA Federal Contractor - priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Summary: Provides day to day technical supervision of a specialty of service in which the laboratory performs testing or procedures. Accessible to testing personnel for resolution of technical problems in accordance with the policies and procedures established by the Laboratory Director or Medical Director.
1. Ensures that all necessary actions are taken and documented whenever there is significant deviations from the laboratory established policy and procedures or performance specifications.
2. Ensures that the test methodologies selected have the capability of providing quality results for patient care regardless of the patient population.
3. Ensures that the verification procedures utilized are appropriate for determining accuracy, precision, quality, and other pertinent performance characteristics as required by regulatory agencies.
4. Adheres to the laboratory quality control and quality improvement policies, documents all quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibration and maintenance performed.
5. Ensure the quality control, quality improvement programs, and proficiency testing are established, documented, and maintained, per CMS guidelines or hospital policy, to assure the quality of services provided and to identify failures as they may occur.
6. Maintain department records, reports, and files as required. Maintain oversight and competency on the care and maintenance of department equipment and supplies.
7. Ensure prior to patient testing, personnel have the appropriate training and experience. Ensure the documentation of personnel competency is complete utilizing Joint Commission six validation methods.
8. Provides day-to-day supervision for technical staff, ensures that personnel receive regular in-service training and education as needed or required by regulations.
9. Responds promptly to changes in workload, adjusting assignments as necessary to achieve optimal productivity and efficiency.
10. Assists in the annual evaluation and documentation of performance of all testing personnel.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Clinical Laboratory Science (medical technology) to meet Federal Register Standards for this position.
Experience: Four (4) years of clinical laboratory experience in high complexity testing with a sound working knowledge of the area of supervision.
Skills: Ability to read, communicate, and document effectively through oral, written, or electronic means. Excellent skills in customer relations and employee supervision. Demonstrates the constant ability to prioritize and respond promptly to a changing workload. Ability to respond to multiple situations and questions that require sound judgments and action for quality patient care.
Licenses/Certifications: Preferred: MT (ASCP) or equivalent.
About Northwest Medical Center & Oro Valley Hospital
Northwest Medical Center is a 300-bed community hospital with comprehensive inpatient and outpatient services, ranging from emergency to cardiac, critical care, labor & delivery and beyond. We are nationally accredited in several areas including stroke, chest pain, heart failure and joint and spine surgery. Our mission is to provide the communities we serve with high-quality cost... effective and safe health care.
For Oro Valley:
Oro Valley Hospital has been nationally recognized for its quality care including designation as a Chest Pain Center, NICHE, PEDS "Pediatric Prepared", Primary Stroke Center, STEMI Receiving Center and Trauma Level IV. That coupled with a beautiful hospital in a scenic location makes Oro Valley Hospital an exceptional place to work.