Northwest Medical Center is a 300-bed hospital offering a full range of healthcare services including emergency services, accredited chest pain and heart failure programs, neurology and neurosurgery, outpatient imaging, a nationally accredited surgical weight loss program, total joint program, spine program and stroke center (recognized with Gold Seal designations by The Joint Commission), robotic surgery, GI lab, a free-standing women's center, inpatient rehabilitation facility, wound care center, five urgent care facilities, and three ambulatory surgery centers. NMC also has several affiliated physician practices including Northwest Allied Physicians offering primary care and a wide range of specialists, Desert Cardiology of Tucson, Heart Center of Southern Arizona and Northwest Heart & Vascular. NMC is accredited by The Joint Commission and is an equal opportunity employer: race, gender, disability and Veteran status, and VEVRAA Federal Contractor - priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Summary: Provides security for patients, employees and visitors; protects hospital buildings, assets and premises as assigned.
1. Patrols NMC campus buildings and premises to discourage theft, vandalism, and unauthorized intruders while watching for the occurrence of fires.
2. Monitors the conduct of visitors on NMC campus and confronts unauthorized persons for questioning as needed. Responds to overhead pages for "Code Gray" and takes appropriate action to safely diffuse situation when possible.
3. Immediately reports safety, or fire hazards and security violations to Security Shift Supervisor. Follows appropriate disposition procedures.
4. Writes "Incident Reports" and supports the report with investigative follow-up. All written documentation is proof read for spelling and grammatical errors then submitted in a timely manner. Photographs are taken when applicable.
5. Responds to valuable and belonging pick-ups in a timely and responsive manner. A complete and thorough inventory is conducted with the documentation clearly written.
6. Patrols the parking lots to enforce departmental policy for restricted parking. When appropriate will issue parking citations to violators.
7. Conducts periodic patrols of the Women's Center and monitors all safety concerns. Works with Women's Center personnel when child custody issues are present.
8. Officer is familiar with codes and policies associated with security responsibilities.
9. Participates in investigations as "lead investigator or support investigator." Follows and supports Security Department procedures for various incident types.
10. Maintain the standard of professionalism by proudly wearing the uniform in a manner that commands respect, reports to work on time, assist staff, visitors and patients as needed. Completes assigned tasks in an efficient, safe and timely manner.
Education: High School diploma/GED preferred or equivalent experience required.
Experience: One (1) year experience in security operations.
Skills: Computer word processor, Bicycle riding, Handcuffing, Collapsible Baton (ASP or PR24), Interrogation & Interview, Report Writing, Radio Communications, Interpersonal People Skills and Safe Driver.
Licenses/Certifications: "Required: Valid Driver's License. American Heart Association (AHA )BLS certification. Preferred: Arizona Department of Public Safety Guard Card."
About Northwest Medical Center & Oro Valley Hospital
Northwest Medical Center is a 300-bed community hospital with comprehensive inpatient and outpatient services, ranging from emergency to cardiac, critical care, labor & delivery and beyond. We are nationally accredited in several areas including stroke, chest pain, heart failure and joint and spine surgery. Our mission is to provide the communities we serve with high-quality cost... effective and safe health care.
For Oro Valley:
Oro Valley Hospital has been nationally recognized for its quality care including designation as a Chest Pain Center, NICHE, PEDS "Pediatric Prepared", Primary Stroke Center, STEMI Receiving Center and Trauma Level IV. That coupled with a beautiful hospital in a scenic location makes Oro Valley Hospital an exceptional place to work.