Northwest Medical Center is a 300-bed hospital offering a full range of healthcare services including emergency services, accredited chest pain and heart failure programs, neurology and neurosurgery, outpatient imaging, a nationally accredited surgical weight loss program, total joint program, spine program and stroke center (recognized with Gold Seal designations by The Joint Commission), robotic surgery, GI lab, a free-standing women's center, inpatient rehabilitation facility, wound care center, five urgent care facilities, and three ambulatory surgery centers. NMC also has several affiliated physician practices including Northwest Allied Physicians offering primary care and a wide range of specialists, Desert Cardiology of Tucson, Heart Center of Southern Arizona and Northwest Heart & Vascular. NMC is accredited by The Joint Commission and is an equal opportunity employer: race, gender, disability and Veteran status, and VEVRAA Federal Contractor - priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Summary: Performs diversified duties of considerable responsibility to support the Medical Staff and Hospital Departments. May assist in the training of support staff and department volunteers.
1. Demonstrated proficiency in maintaining departmental data bases and other pertinent hospital wide and/or department specific computer software and technology.
2. Prepares agendas, attends meetings, documents minutes of meetings, and forwards follow-up items to appropriate individuals for completion.
3. Prepare monthly Medical Staff meeting calendar. Schedule and coordinate additional medical staff meetings as required. Reserve rooms and order meals for meetings.
4. Type letters, memos, policies, forms. Open and distribute incoming mail, correspondence and other materials to department staff.
5. Coordinates all ordering of office supplies with department staff. Obtain quotes from vendors as needed.
6. Monitor expiration dates for licensure, DEA certificates, malpractice insurance, board certification of expirable documents and obtain renewal information. Forward copies as needed to Oro Valley, Tucson Surgery Center, and NW Surgery Center.
7. Prepare monthly, quarterly and ad hoc reports for Corporate, Administration, and other hospital departments as needed.
8. Coordinate Medical Education lecture presentations. This is accomplished in collaboration with the Medical Education Coordinator.
Education: High School or Equivalent
Experience: At least three (3) years previous experience in Medical Staff Services.
Skills: Type 60 WPM; ability to work independently and under pressure with attention to detail; telephones, statistics; compose letters/ memorandums; computer literacy; data entry, retrieval, reporting; proofread; research information; adding machine; calculator; fax; personal computer/word processor; copy machine
Licenses/Certifications: CPCS/CMSC NAMSS Certification beneficial but not required.
About Northwest Medical Center & Oro Valley Hospital
Northwest Medical Center is a 300-bed community hospital with comprehensive inpatient and outpatient services, ranging from emergency to cardiac, critical care, labor & delivery and beyond. We are nationally accredited in several areas including stroke, chest pain, heart failure and joint and spine surgery. Our mission is to provide the communities we serve with high-quality cost... effective and safe health care.
For Oro Valley:
Oro Valley Hospital has been nationally recognized for its quality care including designation as a Chest Pain Center, NICHE, PEDS "Pediatric Prepared", Primary Stroke Center, STEMI Receiving Center and Trauma Level IV. That coupled with a beautiful hospital in a scenic location makes Oro Valley Hospital an exceptional place to work.