Northwest Medical Center is a 300-bed hospital offering a full range of healthcare services including emergency services, accredited chest pain and heart failure programs, neurology and neurosurgery, outpatient imaging, a nationally accredited surgical weight loss program, total joint program, spine program and stroke center (recognized with Gold Seal designations by The Joint Commission), robotic surgery, GI lab, a free-standing women's center, inpatient rehabilitation facility, wound care center, five urgent care facilities, and three ambulatory surgery centers. NMC also has several affiliated physician practices including Northwest Allied Physicians offering primary care and a wide range of specialists, Desert Cardiology of Tucson, Heart Center of Southern Arizona and Northwest Heart & Vascular. NMC is accredited by The Joint Commission and is an equal opportunity employer: race, gender, disability and Veteran status, and VEVRAA Federal Contractor - priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Summary: Plans and implements specific treatment programs for individual patients according to the principles and practices of physical therapy. Collaborates with interdisciplinary treatment team.
1. Applies diagnostic and prognostic tests including but not limited to: muscle, nerve, joint and functional ability tests.
2. In a timely manner assesses patient skilled needs and completes initial evaluation. Develops treatment plan and physical therapy program for each patient which may include therapeutic exercises, manual therapy, gait training, neuromuscular reeducation, and other treatment modalities.
3. Instruct and educate patient regarding therapeutic exercise, home exercise program, assistive devices and prosthetic/orthotics and potential therapeutic outcomes.
4. In a positive manner, directs physical therapy care provided by other licensed staff; provides supervision, instruction when indicated.
5. Assesses patient's progress on an ongoing basis and adjusts program as appropriate.
6. Timely and accurately documents patient care by: preparation of a written evaluation; monitoring any effects on therapy due to patient medication changes; preparation of progress notes; preparation of discharge summaries; and accurate patient charges.
7. Meets departmental productivity standards on a consistent basis.
8. Communicates with medical and allied health personnel regarding patient's progress, needs and discharge planning.
9. Conducts and/or participates in educational programs, in-services, training other medical personnel in physical therapy techniques and objectives.
10. Demonstrates proficiency with hospital wide and/or department specific computer software and technology.
Education: Bachelor/Master/or Doctorate degree from an accredited program.
Experience: One (1) year in acute care preferred.
Skills: Computer literacy; written and verbal communication skills
Licenses/Certifications: License and registration in Arizona. BLS Certification.
About Northwest Medical Center & Oro Valley Hospital
Northwest Medical Center is a 300-bed community hospital with comprehensive inpatient and outpatient services, ranging from emergency to cardiac, critical care, labor & delivery and beyond. We are nationally accredited in several areas including stroke, chest pain, heart failure and joint and spine surgery. Our mission is to provide the communities we serve with high-quality cost... effective and safe health care.
For Oro Valley:
Oro Valley Hospital has been nationally recognized for its quality care including designation as a Chest Pain Center, NICHE, PEDS "Pediatric Prepared", Primary Stroke Center, STEMI Receiving Center and Trauma Level IV. That coupled with a beautiful hospital in a scenic location makes Oro Valley Hospital an exceptional place to work.