Northwest Medical Center is a 300-bed hospital offering a full range of healthcare services including Emergency services, accredited chest pain and heart failure programs, neurology and neurosurgery, outpatient imaging, a nationally accredited surgical weight loss program, total joint program, spine program and stroke center (distinguished by Gold Seal designations), robotic surgery, GI lab, a free-standing women's center, inpatient rehabilitation facility, wound care center, five urgent care facilities, Lazos de Familia and Healthy Beginnings pregnancy outreach programs, and three ambulatory surgery centers. NMC also operates Northwest Allied Physicians, a physician practice offering primary care and a wide range of specialists as well as Desert Cardiology of Tucson. NMC is accredited by Joint Commission and is an equal opportunity employer: race, gender, disability and Veteran status, and VEVRAA Federal Contractor - priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Summary: Responsible for all general respiratory care duties as a respiratory care practitioner which includes the administration of aerosol therapy, arterial blood draws and analysis, ECG's, pulmonary function screening, airway maintenance and oxygen administration. Intensive care experience must include but not limited to arterial line management, ventilator maintenance and troubleshooting, intubation and extubation of patients.
1. Performs routine respiratory care treatments and oxygen administration for adult, pediatric, and neonatal patient care areas; explains therapy to be delivered to patient and/or family in a professional manner. Performs patient's assessment prior to treatment and evaluates patient progress during treatment to determine if necessary clinical interventions are required.
2. Documents patient care delivered in a timely and consistent manner and assures the completeness of the patient's respiratory care medical record ensuring that all ordered patient care for the assigned area(s) is completed prior to the end of a shift.
3. Provides assistance to physicians on an on-going basis with examinations, procedures, and other processes related to the direct care of the patient.
4. Draws processes and documents arterial blood samples in a thorough and timely manner.
5. Demonstrates a consistent follow through and consideration for co-workers in making sure respiratory care supply levels are adequate and equipment is properly maintained and in functional order.
6. Utilizes effective communication techniques with patients, families, physicians, and co-workers, which result in accomplishing intended goals and positive outcomes.
7. Is competent in managing all aspects of mechanical ventilation in a critical care setting as per a physician's order, including intubation assist, airway clearance, ventilator set-up and management, ET stabilization, NIF maneuvers for weaning, tracheostomy care and patient extubation per protocol.
8. Plans, organizes, and prioritizes work effectively. Meets deadlines and completes assignments within specified time frames. Uses time and resources effectively to meet goals.
9. Demonstrates competency in performing EKG's, demonstrating proper EKG lead placement, maintaining EKG equipment and supply levels and assuring timeliness of EKG records.
Education: Associates degree in Respiratory care from an AMA accredited school of respiratory therapy.
Skills: Has current knowledge and skills appropriate to age/type of patient population served. Must be competent in performing general respiratory care procedures. Must be competent in communication skills that provide clear and accurate information in an appropriate manner within the developmental age range of the patient.
Licenses: Current Arizona Respiratory Care License. Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) credential. BLS and ACLS required.
About Northwest Medical Center & Oro Valley Hospital
Northwest Medical Center is a 300-bed community hospital with comprehensive inpatient and outpatient services, ranging from emergency to cardiac, critical care, labor & delivery and beyond. We are nationally accredited in several areas including stroke, chest pain, heart failure and joint and spine surgery. Our mission is to provide the communities we serve with high-quality cost... effective and safe health care.
For Oro Valley:
Oro Valley Hospital has been nationally recognized for its quality care including designation as a Chest Pain Center, NICHE, PEDS "Pediatric Prepared", Primary Stroke Center, STEMI Receiving Center and Trauma Level IV. That coupled with a beautiful hospital in a scenic location makes Oro Valley Hospital an exceptional place to work.