Northwest Medical Center is a 300-bed hospital offering a full range of healthcare services including emergency services, accredited chest pain and heart failure programs, neurology and neurosurgery, outpatient imaging, a nationally accredited surgical weight loss program, total joint program, spine program and stroke center (recognized with Gold Seal designations by The Joint Commission), robotic surgery, GI lab, a free-standing women's center, inpatient rehabilitation facility, wound care center, five urgent care facilities, and three ambulatory surgery centers. NMC also has several affiliated physician practices including Northwest Allied Physicians offering primary care and a wide range of specialists, Desert Cardiology of Tucson, Heart Center of Southern Arizona and Northwest Heart & Vascular. NMC is accredited by The Joint Commission and is an equal opportunity employer: race, gender, disability and Veteran status, and VEVRAA Federal Contractor - priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Summary:The Front Office Receptionist is responsible for all front office functions including patient relations, appointment scheduling, telephone duties, patient registration, insurance verification, EMR, filing, cashiering, and computer work.
Essential Functions: Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment required. The candidate must have the ability to utilize computers for designated applications. Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills required.
1. Greets and checks in patients arriving for appointments, completes necessary forms, checks ID, registers new patients.
2. Verifies and updates patient information and health insurance coverage, updates computer system before each patient visit, including changes to name, insurance or demographic information etc. Collects applicable co-pays at time of service. May be required to check eligibility prior to patients arrival.
3. Answers incoming calls or overflow calls from the PBX; able to handle multi-line telephone efficiently. May be required to confirm next day's appointments verifying time and location with patient when applicable.
4. Responsible for all PCA calls as directed by practice protocol.
5. Checks out patients, accurately totals procedures for encounter and schedules follow-up appointments for patients as requested by provider. May be required to schedule and re-schedule appointments as needed.
6. Responsible for running day-end reports; balances deposit/batch and cash drawer. Processes all no-shows in the computer system and notifying the appropriate physician via task or according to protocol. Scan all registration forms and file appropriately.
7. Runs deficiency reports and corrects deficiencies when applicable. Accurately posts payments received, accurately codes and enter all daily encounter forms as required, balances cash and register TOS' at end of day per practice protocol.
8. Monitors and maintains acceptable level of supplies at reception area, and monitors the operability of office equipment. Request needed supplies and/or repairs in a timely manner. Keeps waiting area and work area clean and orderly.
9. Demonstrates proficiency at hospital wide and/or department specific computer software and technology.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent required.
Experience: One (1) year previous experience in health related field or graduate of a Medical Administrative Assistant (MAA) program. Knowledge of insurance plan eligibility processes required; experience dealing with customers face to face or by phone OR any equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
Skills: Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment required. Must be able to utilize computer for designated applications. Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills required.
About Northwest Medical Center & Oro Valley Hospital
Northwest Medical Center is a 300-bed community hospital with comprehensive inpatient and outpatient services, ranging from emergency to cardiac, critical care, labor & delivery and beyond. We are nationally accredited in several areas including stroke, chest pain, heart failure and joint and spine surgery. Our mission is to provide the communities we serve with high-quality cost... effective and safe health care.
For Oro Valley:
Oro Valley Hospital has been nationally recognized for its quality care including designation as a Chest Pain Center, NICHE, PEDS "Pediatric Prepared", Primary Stroke Center, STEMI Receiving Center and Trauma Level IV. That coupled with a beautiful hospital in a scenic location makes Oro Valley Hospital an exceptional place to work.