Northwest Medical Center is a 300-bed hospital offering a full range of healthcare services including emergency services, accredited chest pain and heart failure programs, neurology and neurosurgery, outpatient imaging, a nationally accredited surgical weight loss program, total joint program, spine program and stroke center (recognized with Gold Seal designations by The Joint Commission), robotic surgery, GI lab, a free-standing women's center, inpatient rehabilitation facility, wound care center, five urgent care facilities, and three ambulatory surgery centers. NMC also has several affiliated physician practices including Northwest Allied Physicians offering primary care and a wide range of specialists, Desert Cardiology of Tucson, Heart Center of Southern Arizona and Northwest Heart & Vascular. NMC is accredited by The Joint Commission and is an equal opportunity employer: race, gender, disability and Veteran status, and VEVRAA Federal Contractor - priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Summary: Coordinates, Plans and Evaluates care of Ostomy patients and patients with compromised skin integrity.
1. Provides competent, safe and efficient patient care utilizing the nursing process.
2. Accurately and legibly obtains photographs, measurements and assessments and documents all assessments, interventions and orders according to policies and procedures.
3. Transcribes and reviews all wound care appropriate orders in a timely manner.
4. During patient encounter, monitors clinical condition of patients and reports changes to appropriate personnel in a timely manner.
5. Ensures accurate, timely communication among coworkers, (e.g. e-mail, voice-mail, McKesson) timely communication to charge nurse/supervisor of issues) to include appropriate chain of command when indicated.
6. Provides and documents effective and timely staff and patient/family education related to pressure ulcer prevention and wound care treatment.
7. Orients, instructs, and trains assigned personnel and/or students.
8. Assumes responsibility for appropriate delegation of patient care tasks and oversees care provided by delegates. Adheres to minimal patient load requirements.
9. Accurate and timely administration and documentation of all medications, devices, wound care products.
10. Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-services, and meetings. Timely reporting to Director and documenting of adverse events, including incident reports as applicable. Adequately prepared for daily work.
Education: Successful completion of Wound and Ostomy Care Education Program. BSN Required.
Experience: Two (2) years of Acute Care experience
Skills: As defined in Core Competency documentation.
Licenses/Certifications: Required: Arizona RN License or compact state license and American Heart Association (AHA) BLS certification. WOCN certification within 12 months of hire.
About Northwest Medical Center & Oro Valley Hospital
Northwest Medical Center is a 300-bed community hospital with comprehensive inpatient and outpatient services, ranging from emergency to cardiac, critical care, labor & delivery and beyond. We are nationally accredited in several areas including stroke, chest pain, heart failure and joint and spine surgery. Our mission is to provide the communities we serve with high-quality cost... effective and safe health care.
For Oro Valley:
Oro Valley Hospital has been nationally recognized for its quality care including designation as a Chest Pain Center, NICHE, PEDS "Pediatric Prepared", Primary Stroke Center, STEMI Receiving Center and Trauma Level IV. That coupled with a beautiful hospital in a scenic location makes Oro Valley Hospital an exceptional place to work.