Northwest Medical Center is a 300-bed hospital offering a full range of healthcare services including emergency services, accredited chest pain and heart failure programs, neurology and neurosurgery, outpatient imaging, a nationally accredited surgical weight loss program, total joint program, spine program and stroke center (recognized with Gold Seal designations by The Joint Commission), robotic surgery, GI lab, a free-standing women's center, inpatient rehabilitation facility, wound care center, five urgent care facilities, and three ambulatory surgery centers. NMC also has several affiliated physician practices including Northwest Allied Physicians offering primary care and a wide range of specialists, Desert Cardiology of Tucson, Heart Center of Southern Arizona and Northwest Heart & Vascular. NMC is accredited by The Joint Commission and is an equal opportunity employer: race, gender, disability and Veteran status, and VEVRAA Federal Contractor - priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Summary: Provides customer service and clerical support to staff and visitors. Answers telephone calls, inquiries and assists with departmental processes and procedures.
1. Screens all visitors, telephone calls, incoming mail/publications and other forms of correspondence appropriately. Responds to inquires according to department/facility policy and procedure.
2. Records, processes and distributes packages and other documentation within the defined process. Maintains confidentiality and reports problems to immediate supervisor.
3. Types documents, enters data and maintains filing systems. Uses computer applications, databases and office equipment.
4. Inventories and orders office supplies, equipment parts and components, and maintain proper logs, invoices and other documentation.
5. Maintains the materials management invoice log for those invoice being sent to account payable for payment.
6. Maintains a familiarity of policy and procedures to accurately communicate, or refer to proper resource for further information.
7. Prints and assembles MSPQ forms for patient admission packets.
8. Assists with the pre-registration of patients.
9. Works closely with the OR to coordinate physician consultation with family members and visitor flow. Keeps patient family members informed of the status of the patient and directs them to the appropriate areas within the facility. Responsible for the safety of patient and visitors within the lobby area.
10. Issues visitor badges to ensure only authorized individuals are entering the facility.
Education: High School diploma/GED preferred or equivalent experience required.
Experience: One (1) year experience in customer service or administrative support.
Skills: Excels in demonstrated effective and positive communications. Uses proper oral and written language. Demonstrates and conveys a favorable image of the facility. Ability to maintain excellent customer relations, good communication skills and HIPAA awareness. Demonstrates the constant ability to prioritize and respond promptly. Must be able to demonstrate strict confidentiality.
Licenses/Certifications: Preferred: American Heart Association (AHA) BLS certification.
About Northwest Medical Center & Oro Valley Hospital
Northwest Medical Center is a 300-bed community hospital with comprehensive inpatient and outpatient services, ranging from emergency to cardiac, critical care, labor & delivery and beyond. We are nationally accredited in several areas including stroke, chest pain, heart failure and joint and spine surgery. Our mission is to provide the communities we serve with high-quality cost... effective and safe health care.
For Oro Valley:
Oro Valley Hospital has been nationally recognized for its quality care including designation as a Chest Pain Center, NICHE, PEDS "Pediatric Prepared", Primary Stroke Center, STEMI Receiving Center and Trauma Level IV. That coupled with a beautiful hospital in a scenic location makes Oro Valley Hospital an exceptional place to work.