Northwest Medical Center is a 300-bed hospital offering a full range of healthcare services including emergency services, accredited chest pain and heart failure programs, neurology and neurosurgery, outpatient imaging, a nationally accredited surgical weight loss program, total joint program, spine program and stroke center (recognized with Gold Seal designations by The Joint Commission), robotic surgery, GI lab, a free-standing women's center, inpatient rehabilitation facility, wound care center, five urgent care facilities, and three ambulatory surgery centers. NMC also has several affiliated physician practices including Northwest Allied Physicians offering primary care and a wide range of specialists, Desert Cardiology of Tucson, Heart Center of Southern Arizona and Northwest Heart & Vascular. NMC is accredited by The Joint Commission and is an equal opportunity employer: race, gender, disability and Veteran status, and VEVRAA Federal Contractor - priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Summary: Provides overall management and leadership for patient safety and regulatory compliance. The position assures the mission, vision, and values of Northwest Medical Center are represented in all decisions for the delivery of services.
1. Develops an organization wide program that will include mock tracers for all physician offices.
2. Provides immediate post-review feedback to the practice administrator and assist in developing action plan, if needed.
3. Actively engages management and staff to facilitate staff preparation for a successful survey.
4. Prepares a monthly report that outlines results of surveys for each clinical area with identification of opportunities for improvement.
5. Assists in development of action plans in response to any findings (both from internal mocks, and external sources).
6. Notifies appropriate agencies of changes in the organization.
7. Provides employee and physician education related to patient safety and regulatory compliance.
8. Develops and maintains an ongoing education/competency program for Medical Assistants and other clinical support staff in conjunction with the providers.
9. Participates in EOC activities including hazardous surveillance rounds.
10. Ensures compliance with current infection control practices and recommendations.
Education: High School diploma/GED preferred or equivalent experience required. Commitment to continuous learning in appropriate field.
Experience: 3 years of recent clinical/physician office experience as LPN or RN. Regulatory survey experience preferred.
Skills: Acting with integrity, analyzing and interpreting clinical data to assist in identifying opportunities for patient performance improvement activities. Working with multidisciplinary teams to promote process improvement. Fosters a culture of safety within the organization. Excellent human relations and oral/written communications skills, demonstrating/facilitating public speaking, utilizing communication channels. Partnering with customer/others promoting NMC mission, vision, and core values.
Licenses/Certifications: Required: Current Arizona LPN or RN license.
About Northwest Medical Center & Oro Valley Hospital
Northwest Medical Center is a 300-bed community hospital with comprehensive inpatient and outpatient services, ranging from emergency to cardiac, critical care, labor & delivery and beyond. We are nationally accredited in several areas including stroke, chest pain, heart failure and joint and spine surgery. Our mission is to provide the communities we serve with high-quality cost... effective and safe health care.
For Oro Valley:
Oro Valley Hospital has been nationally recognized for its quality care including designation as a Chest Pain Center, NICHE, PEDS "Pediatric Prepared", Primary Stroke Center, STEMI Receiving Center and Trauma Level IV. That coupled with a beautiful hospital in a scenic location makes Oro Valley Hospital an exceptional place to work.