Northwest Medical Center is a 300-bed hospital offering a full range of healthcare services including emergency services, accredited chest pain and heart failure programs, neurology and neurosurgery, outpatient imaging, a nationally accredited surgical weight loss program, total joint program, spine program and stroke center (recognized with Gold Seal designations by The Joint Commission), robotic surgery, GI lab, a free-standing women's center, inpatient rehabilitation facility, wound care center, five urgent care facilities, and three ambulatory surgery centers. NMC also has several affiliated physician practices including Northwest Allied Physicians offering primary care and a wide range of specialists, Desert Cardiology of Tucson, Heart Center of Southern Arizona and Northwest Heart & Vascular. NMC is accredited by The Joint Commission and is an equal opportunity employer: race, gender, disability and Veteran status, and VEVRAA Federal Contractor - priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Summary: Responsible for maintaining physician schedules within Athena software and scheduling patient appointments under the direction on the Practice Manager.
1. Answers incoming calls; able to handle multi-line telephone efficiently.
2. Coordinates and schedules patient appointments within an appropriate time frame according the scheduling templates within Athena software.
3. May be required to confirm next day's appointments verifying time and location with patient when applicable.
4. Verifies and updates patient information at the time of appointment creation this includes name, insurance or demographic information etc.
5. Answers the phone and documents caller information in the Allscripts system. Tasks documented information to the appropriate tasking group.
6. Processes public record information to identify deceased patients, documents DOD in patient record, notifies physician when appropriate. Searches for upcoming events such as appointments and cancels when appropriate.
7. Communicate appropriate information to the correct offices regarding patients cancelling or declining appointments
8. Documents according to meaningful use guidelines.
9. Demonstrates proficiency at hospital wide and/or department specific computer software and technology.
Education: High School diploma/GED preferred or equivalent experience required.
Experience: One (1) year medical office or department experience. Preferred: Two (2) years in health care setting.
Skills: Answer telephones input data into computer programs, research information, schedule appointments, telephone courtesy, fax, personal computer, photocopier, type 45 WPM, place outbound calls, task provider offices using Allscripts
Licenses/Certifications: Preferred: Medical Terminology
About Northwest Medical Center & Oro Valley Hospital
Northwest Medical Center is a 300-bed community hospital with comprehensive inpatient and outpatient services, ranging from emergency to cardiac, critical care, labor & delivery and beyond. We are nationally accredited in several areas including stroke, chest pain, heart failure and joint and spine surgery. Our mission is to provide the communities we serve with high-quality cost... effective and safe health care.
For Oro Valley:
Oro Valley Hospital has been nationally recognized for its quality care including designation as a Chest Pain Center, NICHE, PEDS "Pediatric Prepared", Primary Stroke Center, STEMI Receiving Center and Trauma Level IV. That coupled with a beautiful hospital in a scenic location makes Oro Valley Hospital an exceptional place to work.