Northwest Medical Center is a 300-bed hospital offering a full range of healthcare services including emergency services, accredited chest pain and heart failure programs, neurology and neurosurgery, outpatient imaging, a nationally accredited surgical weight loss program, total joint program, spine program and stroke center (recognized with Gold Seal designations by The Joint Commission), robotic surgery, GI lab, a free-standing women's center, inpatient rehabilitation facility, wound care center, five urgent care facilities, and three ambulatory surgery centers. NMC also has several affiliated physician practices including Northwest Allied Physicians offering primary care and a wide range of specialists, Desert Cardiology of Tucson, Heart Center of Southern Arizona and Northwest Heart & Vascular. NMC is accredited by The Joint Commission and is an equal opportunity employer: race, gender, disability and Veteran status, and VEVRAA Federal Contractor - priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Summary: Responsible for coordinating billing, follow-up, and collections of Medicare, AHCCCS and Commercial billing area on a daily basis. Perform Medicare Bad Debt on a monthly basis.
1. Performs the required functions of the assigned area accurately, timely and in compliance with office policy/procedures
2. Maintains productivity standards on a regular basis as evidenced by: ability to complete assigned tasks and remain current within assigned schedule, utilizes overtime only as needed and as authorized by supervisor.
3. Demonstrates a daily knowledge of area of responsibility; understands the various computer software applications necessary to perform the assigned job functions; possesses and displays the detail knowledge necessary to accomplish responsibilities for assigned area; can work independently , given proper instruction, without constant reinforcement from manager
4. Demonstrates a high level of business office expertise and shows a working knowledge of multiple areas within the business office; serves as an informational resource to peers and management. Acts as a team leader or trainer to office staff as required. Constantly looks for ways to improve individual and office productivity/performance. Assists management with special projects.
5. Provides leadership and direction to assigned staff on a daily basis. Performs job duties within legal and professional regulations/guidelines; communicates clearly and tactfully with staff, patients and visitors.
6. Selects, educates/orients and assigns staff as appropriate. Develops standards of performance, evaluates performance, initiates and/or makes recommendations for human resource actions. Demonstrates knowledge of human resource policies; reviews staff output on a regular basis for quality and quantity; performs personnel management functions timely, accurately and professionally.
7. Maintains relationship with physician practices, urgent care teams, hospitalists, outside venders, internal and external customers.
8. Responsible for daily reports, monitoring interface and staff productivity.
9. Work with staff to create and improve work flow process, maintain once in place.
Education: High School or equivalent
Experience: A bachelor's degree or, 3 years of billing/healthcare experience
Skills: Telephone experience, balancing figures, compile statistics, compose letters and memorandums, computer literacy, data entry, develop office procedures, input data into computer programs, maintain filing systems, maintain logs, proofread documents, research information.
About Northwest Medical Center & Oro Valley Hospital
Northwest Medical Center is a 300-bed community hospital with comprehensive inpatient and outpatient services, ranging from emergency to cardiac, critical care, labor & delivery and beyond. We are nationally accredited in several areas including stroke, chest pain, heart failure and joint and spine surgery. Our mission is to provide the communities we serve with high-quality cost... effective and safe health care.
For Oro Valley:
Oro Valley Hospital has been nationally recognized for its quality care including designation as a Chest Pain Center, NICHE, PEDS "Pediatric Prepared", Primary Stroke Center, STEMI Receiving Center and Trauma Level IV. That coupled with a beautiful hospital in a scenic location makes Oro Valley Hospital an exceptional place to work.