Northwest Medical Center is a 300-bed hospital offering a full range of healthcare services including emergency services, accredited chest pain and heart failure programs, neurology and neurosurgery, outpatient imaging, a nationally accredited surgical weight loss program, total joint program, spine program and stroke center (recognized with Gold Seal designations by The Joint Commission), robotic surgery, GI lab, a free-standing women's center, inpatient rehabilitation facility, wound care center, five urgent care facilities, and three ambulatory surgery centers. NMC also has several affiliated physician practices including Northwest Allied Physicians offering primary care and a wide range of specialists, Desert Cardiology of Tucson, Heart Center of Southern Arizona and Northwest Heart & Vascular. NMC is accredited by The Joint Commission and is an equal opportunity employer: race, gender, disability and Veteran status, and VEVRAA Federal Contractor - priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Summary: Either directly or indirectly reporting to a nursing supervisor, plans, directs, participates in and evaluates patient care. Collaborates with other disciplines to provide optimal care.
1. Provides care, evaluates outcomes, consults with interdisciplinary team members as required and adjusts patient care as indicated to ensure optimal care. Effectively identifies predictable problems and plans and provides patient care, based on the age of the patient served.
2. Accurately and legibly documents all assessments, interventions and plan of care according to policies and procedures.
3. Monitors clinical condition of patients and reports changes to appropriate personnel in a timely manner.
4. Ensures accurate, timely communication among caregivers to include appropriate chain of command when indicated.
5. Provides and documents effective and timely patient/family education.
6. Assumes responsibility for appropriate delegation of patient care tasks and oversees care provided.
7. Accurate and timely administration and documentation of all medications and blood products.
Education: ADN or Diploma in Nursing Program, BSN preferred.
Experience: Clinical experience in area of expertise preferred.
Licenses/Certifications: Required: Current Arizona RN license or compact state license and BLS.
About Northwest Medical Center & Oro Valley Hospital
Northwest Medical Center is a 300-bed community hospital with comprehensive inpatient and outpatient services, ranging from emergency to cardiac, critical care, labor & delivery and beyond. We are nationally accredited in several areas including stroke, chest pain, heart failure and joint and spine surgery. Our mission is to provide the communities we serve with high-quality cost... effective and safe health care.
For Oro Valley:
Oro Valley Hospital has been nationally recognized for its quality care including designation as a Chest Pain Center, NICHE, PEDS "Pediatric Prepared", Primary Stroke Center, STEMI Receiving Center and Trauma Level IV. That coupled with a beautiful hospital in a scenic location makes Oro Valley Hospital an exceptional place to work.