Northwest Medical Center is a 300-bed hospital offering a full range of healthcare services including emergency services, accredited chest pain and heart failure programs, neurology and neurosurgery, outpatient imaging, a nationally accredited surgical weight loss program, total joint program, spine program and stroke center (recognized with Gold Seal designations by The Joint Commission), robotic surgery, GI lab, a free-standing women's center, inpatient rehabilitation facility, wound care center, five urgent care facilities, and three ambulatory surgery centers. NMC also has several affiliated physician practices including Northwest Allied Physicians offering primary care and a wide range of specialists, Desert Cardiology of Tucson, Heart Center of Southern Arizona and Northwest Heart & Vascular. NMC is accredited by The Joint Commission and is an equal opportunity employer: race, gender, disability and Veteran status, and VEVRAA Federal Contractor - priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Full-Time Days w Rotation
Summary: Responsible for the management of day to day EEG operations and activities. Accountable for policies and procedures, and all associated administrative duties. Responsible for all duties as specified in EEG Tech 1 through EEG Tech 2 job descriptions. Performs sleep and critically ill bedside EEGs. Ability to effectively manage staff in a Lead capacity in the Electroneurodiagnostic laboratory and hospital setting. Competency achieved in all areas of EEG policy and procedure. Full comprehension of all EEG services provided.
1. Has demonstrated leadership qualities involving special projects pertaining to the operational management of the department. These are projects including but not limited to staff scheduling, committee involvement, purchasing, ordering and other administrative areas deemed relevant by the manager.
2. Has demonstrated effective communication skills with nurses and physicians in all clinical areas of the hospital and works as a team player in accomplishing overall healthcare team objectives.
3. Documents patient care delivered in a timely and consistent manner and assures the completeness of the patient's electroneurodiagnostic medical record.
4. Utilizes relevant information from the patient's clinical record and obtains additional information if necessary in order to pursue an accurate patient assessment and prioritize the patient care delivered.
5. Demonstrates proper lead placement of electrodes and performs without supervision all EEG studies, ambulatory EEG studies and electrocerebrosilence studies.
6. Demonstrates a consistent follow through and consideration for co-workers in making sure EEG supply levels are adequate.
7. Adheres to policy, procedure, and/or protocol when performing routine EEG treatment. Explains therapy to be delivered to patient and/or family in a professional manner.
8. Can plan, organize, and prioritize work effectively. Meets deadlines and completes assignments within specified time frames. Uses time and resources effectively to meet goals.
9. Keeps all EEG equipment in good working order and communicates necessary information when equipment requires service or repair. Demonstrates knowledge of appropriate calibrations and how to make adjustments. Can troubleshoot equipment effectively.
10. Demonstrates proficiency at hospital wide and/or department specific computer software and technology.
Performs other job duties relevant to the position as assigned.
Education: High School graduate; Graduate of an accredited electroneurodiagnostic technology program (accredited by the committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation or equivalent).
Experience: Two (2) years of Electroneurodiagnostic (EEG) experience.
Skills: Has current knowledge and skills appropriate to age/type of patient population served. Must be competent in performing all EEG procedures. Must be competent in performing care of critical patients. Must demonstrate ability to supervise in a clinical care setting. Must be competent in communication skills that provide clear and accurate information in an appropriate manner within the developmental age range of the patient. Must be able to perform special procedures proficiently as dictated through designated skill level, and have full comprehension of all clinical care that falls under the defined scope of EEG practice.
About Northwest Medical Center & Oro Valley Hospital
Northwest Medical Center is a 300-bed community hospital with comprehensive inpatient and outpatient services, ranging from emergency to cardiac, critical care, labor & delivery and beyond. We are nationally accredited in several areas including stroke, chest pain, heart failure and joint and spine surgery. Our mission is to provide the communities we serve with high-quality cost... effective and safe health care.
For Oro Valley:
Oro Valley Hospital has been nationally recognized for its quality care including designation as a Chest Pain Center, NICHE, PEDS "Pediatric Prepared", Primary Stroke Center, STEMI Receiving Center and Trauma Level IV. That coupled with a beautiful hospital in a scenic location makes Oro Valley Hospital an exceptional place to work.