Competitive Compensation with incentive potential/Excellent Benefits Package
We are seeking a candidate with proven process and procedural development skills-a strategic minded manager and leader.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage and direct daily operations of the billing services department
• Selection and supervision of billing staff.
• Manage the billing and reimbursement team and verify that claims activity policies are followed. Recommend changes to policies where appropriate.
· Establish expectations; monitor and manage team resources to ensure a consistent level of performance to fully support revenue goals .
• Investigate and resolve all outstanding patients are or insurance account balances.
· Create strategic and tactical plan to ensure reimbursement and billing services are performing optimally.
· Keep up to date with health care practices, laws and regulations related to insurance claims, filing procedures, and trends through participation in professional development activities.
· Direct and oversee plans to ensure SOPs are in place for benefits investigations, appeals and billing operations and that those SOPs are followed; responsible for issue resolution by providing direction and recommendations for remediation.
· Identify specific billing and reimbursement projects as they arise. Allocate resources, ensure progress is tracked and meeting expectations and take corrective action, as required.
· Establish, track and report on key performance indicators
Two or four year degree preferred, (healthcare revenue cycle management experience may be substituted for a degree).
A minimum of 5 years direct physician billing/collecting experience
Minimum of 2 years of managing a team of medical billers/collectors
CPC, COC, CCA, CPMA, or CPCO required
Proven supervisory or managerial experience
Knowledge of third party payers to include working with healthcare insurance companies to resolve payment issues
History of driving process improvements
Skilled in the use of various computer/PC system and windows
A demonstrated ability to use PC based office productivity tools (e.g. Microsoft outlook, Microsoft Excel) as necessary; general computers skills necessary to work in an office environment
Familiarity with Athena Software a plus
ASC facility billing experience a plus
Internal Number: 11012018
About Palmetto Pain Management, LLC
Palmetto Pain Management, LLC is a privately owned practice in Columbia SC with a mix of medical doctors and physician extenders. We are an expanding practice with 30 employees who we provide excellent benefits packages.