The future is full of possibilities. At Banner Health, we're excited about what the future holds for health care. That's why we're changing the industry to make the experience the best it can be. Our team has come together with the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. The future of health care starts here. If you're ready to change lives, we want to hear from you.
This position will be housed out of Banner Corporate Center Phoenix but will include minimal travel to all of our facilities. This position will be responsible for the overall management of Banner Health's engineering standards and program management. This includes the upkeep of our engineering standards, drawing review and coordination with our facilities operations teams during our construction projects. In addition this role is responsible for the prioritization and management of Banner Health's $50M a year facility renewal program which is critical to the successful maintenance of our assets. Another key role this position plays is coordination with our ROC (Remote Operations Center) on energy savings initiatives as well as controls and facility commissioning projects.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position effectively manages all new construction and major renovation projects at one or more facilities under the supervision of the Project Executive. This position is responsible for single, very large projects, $100m to $350m. Works closely with hospital leadership teams to evaluate and prioritize projects, manages the performance of design and construction teams, tracks project costs and schedules to achieve project budget and timelines, and mitigates risk through assessment of quality, scope, safety and regulatory requirements. Coordinates system and facility resources to achieve system priorities and facility project goals.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Provides leadership by directing project teams, architects and contractor activities. Leads team meetings, and ensures effective communication throughout project life. Interacts positively with facilities personnel, administration, medical staff members, department managers, vendors, and other outside agencies.
2. Evaluates and proactively identifies potential project issues such as disruptions to operations, contract work, emergency repairs and potential damage situations. Ensures that these issues are addressed during project planning and design and managed during construction.
3. Develops project schedules for assigned projects and manages all team members to ensure coordinated, timely execution and completion of projects.
4. Prepares and evaluates projects, generates cost estimates, reads and interprets design documents, and reviews for completeness and quality, i.e. maintenance, construction, code compliance, and function. Prepares and manages budgets creating cost projections and performing project cost tracking for assigned projects. Reviews in life cycle analysis, where appropriate.
5. Ensures JCAHO, safety and code compliance is achieved on all projects. Assures contractors' and vendors' work complies with regulatory requirements and organization-wide interim Life/Safety policies and procedures.
6. Monitors and maintains project related documents including RFIs, Proposal Requests, Change Orders, testing and inspection reports, lien notices and purchase requisitions. Reviews and approves contractor pay applications and Change Orders within prescribed limits.
7. Mitigates project risk by identifying potential issues including site logistics, disruptions to operations, existing conditions and maintenance concerns. Minimizes construction impact to allow facilities to operate at a high level of efficiency.
8. Monitors contractor performance for quality and ensures appropriate level of independent testing and inspection of materials and conditions. Ensures safety standards are met in all aspects of performance of the above functions.
9. Interacts with facility directors, administrative staff, physician office staff, architects, contractors, vendors and other outside consultants and regulatory agencies.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Must possess a strong knowledge of architecture, construction, and/or engineering as normally demonstrated through the completion of a bachelor's degree in architecture, construction management, engineering or related field.
Seven years of progressive project management experience preferably in healthcare related construction. Must have proven experience directing and managing multiple resources and projects.
Ability to read and interpret blue prints, specifications and related contract regulatory documents. Must possess a thorough working knowledge of building codes, materials and standards and project tracking tools. Must be able to compute job costs, prepare and monitor project budgets and schedules, a well as use and interpret typical contracts and agreements. Requires strong written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills to motivate team performance. Requires ability listen, negotiate, and resolve conflicts. Must be able to work independently and effectively align resources to achieve system goals. Must exercise independent judgment and be able to maintain confidential information.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R1829
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.