A position in a Banner Health pharmacy is one you can look forward to. Join an engaging environment of full service, high technology and experience a wide variety of responsibilities. You'll also see how important a pharmacy job is to our ability to make life easier for our patients. Come enjoy great challenges and build both your knowledge of the field and your analytical skills.
Banner University Medical Center is a exciting , exciting environment where the pace is ambitious and your impact is immediate. BUMC-P is known for a positive working environment and supportive team who helps to educate and train staff in multiple areas. In addition you will also have the opportunity to participate in committees outside of the various departments and Network with other facilities and departments. We have a robust ASHP-accredited Pharmacy Residency Program.
The Pharmacy Technician III is responsible for working with the pharmacist in processing medication orders. This position performs routine duties in packaging, distribution and record keeping of pharmaceutical supplies. The Pharmacy Technician III assists in preparing intravenous medications, total parenteral nutrition products, and chemotherapy agents. This position should consistently demonstrate an ability to assess a situation, consider alternatives, and choose the appropriate course of action. The Pharmacy Technician III may work with the pharmacist in processing physician orders for medications and other drug orders by entering information on the patient medication profiles. The Pharmacy Technician III may perform supervisory functions as related to workflow. This position encourages and is instrumental in the training and orienting of new employees. The Pharmacy Technician III must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients being served while maintaining the ideals of Service Excellence. This is a varied hour shift with day/evening shift included. Weekend rotations are required in this role. Enjoy a flat rate $1/hour weekend shift differential and an 18%-night shift differential when applicable.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
University Medical Center Phoenix Banner - University Medical Center Phoenix is a nationally recognized academic medical center. The world-class hospital is focused on coordinated clinical care, expanded research activities and nurturing future generations of highly trained medical professionals. Our commitment to nursing excellence has enabled us to achieve Magnet(tm) recognition by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. The Phoenix campus, long known for excellent patient care, has over 730 licensed beds, a number of unique specialty units and is the new home for medical discoveries, thanks to our collaboration with the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Phoenix. Additionally, the campus responsibilities include fully integrated multi-specialty and sub-specialty clinics, and with a new $400 million campus investment, a new patient tower and 2 new clinic buildings will be built.
POSITION SUMMARY This position provides support to a team of clinical pharmacists in population health management. The technician will work under the supervision of clinical pharmacists. Primary responsibilities include pre-screening and support functions for Medication Therapy Management and Prior Authorizations. Other support functions include data gathering and entry, electronic document filing and electronic faxing. Additional responsibilities may include scripted phone calls to patients and/or physician offices.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Input and maintain data and documents in computer system, using programs to include, but not limited to, SharePoint, Word, Excel, Visio, and Fortis.
2. Consolidate data to prepare reports for use by the Population Health Pharmacy Team. Allows for successful communication with Banner Providers for formulary alignment and increasing STAR Measures.
3. Research and evaluate initial clinical data necessary for the pharmacist to review and complete a prior authorization. This includes calling and/or faxing referring provider to obtain clinical information needed for the pharmacist to make determinations on Prior Authorizations in a timely manner.
4. Serves as a liaison between the patient and the pharmacist. Processes incoming, outgoing and interdepartmental calls, faxes and emails and responds to caller requests in a professional, confidential and courteous manner.
5. Gathers information to get a complete medication history using dedicated reports, patient records, physician/provider notes and medication usage documents. Contacts patients to complete a medication history, following pharmacist scripted protocols, to allow for successful Medication Therapy Management (MTM) Sessions between the pharmacist and the member.
6. Documents medication history and allergies in the electronic health record according to established procedures. Notifies pharmacist of medication history completion.
7. Works independently under regular supervision. Uses structured work procedures and independent judgment to solve problems and achieve high quality levels. Work output has a significant impact on business goal attainment. Customers include patients, pharmacists, providers, non-physician providers, other health care team members, health plan representatives and medical office staff for the purpose of integrating services, improving patient care and ensuring effective communication systems.
Requires pharmacy technician licensure in the state of practice (where applicable). Pharmacy technician certification required.
Must demonstrate 1 to 2 years of experience performing pharmacy technician duties in an Acute Care, Community Pharmacy, or Managed Care environment. Must have good written and verbal communication skills for interfacing with all levels of staff, physicians, patients and other contacts.
Must have knowledge of computer software, particularly medication information system software, Microsoft applications especially Excel, and must be able to prioritize tasks in a complex work environment.
Prior Call Center experience preferred. Prefer independent worker, with good organizational, problem solving and some advanced computer skills.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
DATE APPROVED 11/04/2018
Internal Number: R3476
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.