Great careers are built at Banner Health. There's more to health care than doctors and nurses. We support all staff members as they find the path that's right for them. Apply today, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
As an Office Coordinator for Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center, you will support Physician and Provider Administrative Practice by coordinating meetings, review and analyze financial reports, assist with contracts, onboard new providers, support credentialing and privileging ongoing requests, communicate and correspond with partners within Banner Health and MD Anderson and collaborative with clinical leadership and partners to support physician and provider needs.
Schedule: Full-Time Days 40 hours per week
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
At Banner Medical Group, you'll have the opportunity to perform a critical role in the community where you practice. Banner Medical Group provides both primary and specialty care throughout the communities in which Banner Health operates. We do this in a variety of settings - from smaller group practices like our Banner Health Clinics in Loveland, Colo. and Torrington, Wyo., to large multi-specialty Banner Health Centers in the metropolitan Phoenix area. We currently have more than 1,000 physicians and more than 3,500 total employees in our group and are seeking others to enhance our ability to deliver our nonprofit mission of providing excellent patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for providing support for the daily operations of a department, function, or center to ensure smooth work flow and operations. Responsibilities may include assisting in the management of an essential department function or process, as well as providing administrative and advanced secretarial support as indicated. Acts as a contact for external agencies, and when assigned, as a resource for various departments.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Performs a broad range of administrative support details on a regular basis, including composing correspondence, typing, filing, scheduling meetings, and maintaining appropriate databases. These details require initiative and judgment to make independent decisions. Maintains high degree of confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
2. Assists in department management processes including but not limited to: billing, specialized processes, budgeting, payroll, contract management, credentialing, licensing, accounts payable, and supply ordering.
3. Manages an essential department function, process or project which requires a specialized skill set such as budget preparation and monitoring of monthly financial reports for variances. Initiates requests for payments, purchase requisitions, and any additional paperwork related to the various financial matters for the department.
4. Responsible for assisting in coordinating, organizing, and preparing approved educational opportunities for relevant department courses. Performs administrative and reporting functions related to educational activities.
5. Compiles data, maintains all files/records and statistical updates needed to obtain state designation and verification. Coordinates and tracks CMEs, CEUs, and certifications for applicable positions and keeps records as indicated for regulatory agency, designation or verification organization. Participates in preparation for department reviews.
6. Coordinates and participates in special projects as assigned. May prepare special reports and summaries that utilize advanced computer skills/software for word processing, spreadsheets, graphics, documents, reports and presentations.
7. Interactions may include, but are not limited to, all levels of staff in a variety of departments, physicians, patients, families and external contacts, such as employees of other health care institutions, vendors, community providers and agencies.
Must possess a general knowledge of healthcare administration as normally obtained through the completion of an associate's degree in business, healthcare administration or related field.
Requires a proficient knowledge of clerical and administrative services, education, training, and development as typically demonstrated through five years of experience in a business and/or healthcare environment.
Excellent oral and written communication skills. Highly organized and responsive. Excellent human relations and interpersonal skills. Position requires proficiency in personal software applications, including word processing, generating spreadsheets, and creating graphics/presentations.
Bachelor's Degree in related field preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R8172
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.