Banner Health believes leadership matters, and we look for people who share our vision making health care easier, so life can be better. Our leaders are at the front of the health care transformation, planning the future of Banner Health.
As a Registered Nurse Director for Cardiovascular and Respiratory Service Lines, you will be leading high-quality teams with expertise caring for pre and post- cardiovascular and medical imaging procedures, and teams performing intraprocedural care in the cath lab, noninvasive cardiology, interventional radiology, cardiac rehab and respiratory care. Our amazing leaders continually provide leadership in clinical, financial, and personnel as well as active participation in department shared leadership and facility wide committees.
The BTMC RN Director is an integral part of the leadership team for the cardiovascular services and respiratory department and is responsible for developing and implementing BTMC's strategic cardiovascular growth plan. This position leads interdepartmental workflows for patient care consistently deliver efficient, high quality clinical outcomes and excellent patient experiences. The departments reporting to this role include Cath Lab, Cardiology and Radiology Services (CARS), which is an outpatient pre/post procedural unit for the Cardiac Cath Lab & Medical Imaging departments, non-invasive cardiology, cardiac rehab and respiratory. The role requires innovative thinking and the ability to create a fluid workforce across departments to support the evolving healthcare needs of the community served at BTMC. This role will partner with inpatient nursing and Clinical Educators to assure house-wide staff development strategies are created as new emerging technology and procedures are introduced in the Cath Lab and Medical Imaging fields (e.g. introduction of new structural heart procedures in the Cath Lab). Other responsibilities include the development of a nursing quality management plan to compliment the Cardiac Cath Lab, Noninvasive, and Medical Imaging quality and patient safety departmental plans.
Teamwork is STRONG in the departments reporting up through this role, and support to be your best self is great. Join us as we improve the lives of the patients, we care for through outstanding nursing care.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. This opportunity is also eligible for our Management Incentive Program, as part of your Total Rewards package. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Nonprofit Banner Thunderbird Medical Center opened its doors in 1983 and has been growing ever since to meet the health care needs of the communities it serves in northwest metropolitan Phoenix. Today, the 555-bed hospital - one of the largest hospitals in the state - is annually ranked as one of the top hospitals in the Phoenix metropolitan area by US News & World Report and enjoys a reputation as the preferred provider of care to children and adults in the area in consumer preference surveys. The tertiary care hospital provides everything from routine to advanced, specialized care to both adult and pediatric patients. Specialized services include cardiology, orthopedic surgery, pediatrics, neurosurgery, robotic surgery, stroke care and a women and infants services program. Additionally, in partnership with top-ranked MD Anderson Cancer Center, Banner Thunderbird also offers state-of-the-art cancer care. Banner Thunderbird is certified as a Joint Commission Primary Stroke Center and features a 35-bed Level III neonatal intensive care unit that cares for babies of high-risk pregnancies and those born prematurely. Banner Thunderbird is also home to the only pediatric intensive care unit for seriously ill or injured children in the area. If you would like to contribute to truly leading edge caring, we invite you to bring your experience and skills to Banner Thunderbird.
POSITION SUMMARY This position provides strategic leadership and administration in the areas of patient care, education, safety and quality in accordance with organizational policies and in accordance with standards of professional nursing practice utilizing the framework for professional nursing practice and development. This position promotes a professional practice environment and develops and maintains collegial and collaborative partnerships with key stakeholders across the institution to positively impact the business of clinical operations, nursing and patient care outcomes. These partnerships include ongoing collaboration with physician, facility and organizational leaders. Responsibilities include all aspects of clinical operations, clinician and patient/family education, customer service, patient safety, financial outcomes, and quality outcome management and regulatory compliance.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Provides leadership in the development, implementation and evaluation of planning structures and processes designed to optimize organizational outcomes. Recruits and retains top talent through effective communication, performance management and professional development. Fosters a team environment by instilling a cooperative atmosphere, promoting collaboration and encouraging constructive conflict. Creates and initiates professional plans for direct reports. Communicates with staff in a manner that is respectful of the diversity of workforce and patients/families.
2. Provides infrastructure and systems to empower staff to contribute to organizational goals and achieve desired outcomes. Creates processes for sharing information and decision-making across care settings and roles. Develops strong relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders across the organization to positively impact business, nursing and patient outcomes. Oversees the management of financial, human and material resources, to ensure alignment with organizational strategies and goals and maintain compliance with regulatory requirements and policies. Creates and supports a clinical practice environment focused on nursing professional autonomy, inter-professional collaboration and innovation.
3. Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of the processes and desired outcomes from clinical operations and motivates staff to perform at the highest level. Assures a measurable, outcome-focused, systematic approach to care delivery. Leads development, implementation and evaluation of evidenced based, quality clinical nursing practice consistent with current nursing research, organizational and national practice standards. Assumes a leadership role in collaborating and partnering with other health care providers, services and the community, in philanthropic and outreach activities.
4. Leads the integration of innovation and evidence based findings into practice. Creates an environment supportive of innovative solutions. Assumes a leadership role, in partnership with physician and facility leaders, in managing the quality of services provided across the care delivery continuum and within the larger organization. Demonstrates and directs employees in using a systematic approach in analyzing and utilizing data in problem-solving.
5. Produces results that meet or exceed identified strategic and operational targets through leadership. Assures performance in clinical operations, financial, human resources and quality outcomes meet or exceed established targets. Directs and provides oversight to the management of clinical operations, quality and safety programs, and nursing practice with a focus on results and the evaluation of outcomes data. Leads the effective management of human resources to include staff turnover and retention outcomes and staff satisfaction.
6. Responsible for the function and strategic development of a clinical department(s) within a facility. Accountable for clinical outcomes and ensuring clinical excellence. Coordinates services with other leaders and administrators to achieve goals. Internal customers include facility and system management, staff, and physicians. External customers include patients, families and regulatory agencies.
BSN or MSN required for all new hires to the position after July 1 2013. Incumbents in the position as of July 1, 2013 must possess their BSN or MSN by July 1, 2015. Must possess a strong knowledge of healthcare as normally obtained through the completion of a master's degree in nursing, healthcare administration, or related field.
Requires a current RN license in state of practice. Requires BLS certification.
Must possess a strong knowledge and understanding of clinical care management as normally demonstrated through 3-5 years of progressive care management experience. Requires demonstrated experience leading and/or managing strategic clinical operations. Requires strong written and oral communication skills. Must demonstrate strong decision-making and critical thinking skills along with the ability to lead change.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R3786
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.