On the forefront of prevention, treatment and research, our oncology services work tirelessly for our patients dealing with all types of cancer. From detection and diagnosis to treatment and bedside care, we work to make our patients' lives better, empowering them to become cancer survivors.
The North Colorado Medical Center Cancer Center is part of the Banner MD Anderson cancer program. We are proud to be a part of this network as it allows us to give exceptional care to cancer patients. The amazing culture of this cancer center is what makes nurses excited to work here.
In this role as the Registered Nurse RN Oncology Navigator you will be supporting the cancer program. You'll work with new cancer patients and help them understand an appropriate care plan. You will have the opportunity to work closely with our multidisciplinary care team as well as the newly diagnosed patients. The hours for this position are Monday - Friday, 8am to 4:30pm with no weekends or holidays. This position does require a BSN. For more information or questions, please contact Christen Files at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
A 378-bed Level II trauma center and acute care facility with over 3000 employees, North Colorado Medical Center is the largest hospital in the region. As a regional medical center, we provide community-based and specialty services for a service area that includes southern Wyoming, western Nebraska, western Kansas and northeastern Colorado. In order to provide the most compassionate and innovative care possible, we bring together state-of-the-art technology and an exceptional team of health care professionals. For the healthcare professional, our Greeley, Colorado location offers access to a wide variety of recreational activities in an inviting, close-knit community.
POSITION SUMMARY This position assists with the management and coordination of patients receiving diagnostic and treatment services and/or developmental achievement and serves as a clinical practitioner, educator, services coordinator, consultant and change agent. Develops and implements change to support a holistic and coordinated approach to care strategy through screening, diagnostics, identifying risk factors and ensuring a smooth flow of patient information and care.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Ensures that the patient and family understand the diagnostic processes and/or developmentally supportive care strategy, recommended actions, identification of risk factors and are provided with appropriate information in coordination with physician and health care providers. Provides education with varied audiences and delivery methods to promote health. Designs specific patient education tools.
2. Assists the patient/family through diagnostic services, treatment and care. Coordinates disease care using an interdisciplinary holistic approach, making appropriate referrals and consultations in coordination with physicians and providers. May also coordinate payor arrangements and authorizations to maximize financial needs of both the patient and program.
3. Abstracts data, develops quality processes, targets systems for improvement and engages in disease care program development and planning. Coordinates and prioritizes multiple activities to effectively meet program needs. Participates in performance improvement plans.
4. Serves on boards and committees related to disease prevention, developmental achievement, care and diagnostics as requested or appropriate. Utilizes professional and tactful communication to promote continuity of care. Assists in the development of marketing plans in conjunction with the program to promote services to community.
5. Assists in developing a coordinated care strategy delivery system in which patients may act in their own interest, and intervenes when they can not.
6. Participates in staff development to maintain current standards of practice in specialty area.
7. May be responsible for hiring, disciplinary actions, staff training, scheduling and other supervisory duties.
8. Interacts with all levels of staff, including physicians. Externally will relate to patients, families, employees of other healthcare institutions, physician offices, referring physicians, community providers and agencies and other health care professionals.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
Bachelors in Nursing required.
Requires current RN licensure in the state of practice. BLS certification required.
Requires at least five years of current experience in specialty area and/or disease care management experience. Requires excellent organizational skills and clinical knowledge regarding specialty care services, as well as care coordination of services, legal and financial aspects of diagnostic services and health services in specialty area. Effective communication and writing skills. Good time management, knowledge of word processing, database and presentation software applications. Effective public speaking skills. Ability to teach both clinical and non-clinical personnel regarding disease prevention, care and diagnostics services. Accurate data collection and a good understanding of process improvement.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS MSN preferred. Experience with management, quality improvement and public speaking preferred. Certification in specialty area preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R7609
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.