Find your path in health care. Banner Health is committed to not only providing the finest care possible, but to advancing the way care is provided. To achieve our vision, we seek out professionals who embrace change and who possess the passion and skills to make it happen. Apply today.
Banner Health Brush Family Medicine is located in rural North Eastern Colorado and attached to East Morgan County Hospital. We are a primarily a family practice clinic with OB. We have a Specialty Clinic which houses, General Surgery, OBGYN, midwifery, and visiting outpatient providers, such as Orthopedics and Cardiology. We also have a stand alone clinic within 10 minute drive in Ft. Morgan, CO. This is a family practice clinic with OB with a variety of outreach providers.
This is a terrific entry level leadership role! In this position, you will lead a team of 10-15 employees both clinical and non-clinical. You will have opportunities for growth as you develop in this role. This is a fast paced environment that requires focus and attention to detail while promoting individuality and team engagement.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
At Banner Medical Group, you'll have the opportunity to perform a critical role in the community where you practice. Banner Medical Group provides both primary and specialty care throughout the communities in which Banner Health operates. We do this in a variety of settings - from smaller group practices like our Banner Health Clinics in Loveland, Colo. and Torrington, Wyo., to large multi-specialty Banner Health Centers in the metropolitan Phoenix area. We currently have more than 1,000 physicians and more than 3,500 total employees in our group and are seeking others to enhance our ability to deliver our nonprofit mission of providing excellent patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position works to ensure the efficient and effective operation of the assigned department, including day-to-day administration of non-physician staff and operations. Uses specialized knowledge, judgment and skills necessary to provide excellent patient care.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Supervises the day to day activities of non physician staff, ensuring a high level of productivity. Continuously monitors the functioning of the medical group and recommends changes to operational procedures as necessary.
2. Selects, trains, coaches, motivates, conducts performance evaluations, and directs the workflow of staff. Schedules non physician staff ensuring that staff is appropriately deployed among offices.
3. Oversee all functions of the medical group including reception and scheduling activities, patient service areas, accounting, medical records, transcription, business information systems, and appropriate clinical areas.
4. Functions as a liaison between non physician staff and physicians to ensure effective service for patients. Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with group physicians. Serves as a role model and resource person for providing quality patient care and patient information as needed.
5. Maintains office policies and procedures in accordance with physician requirements, facility and system policies and procedures, standard practices of the profession, and related regulatory requirements.
6. Determines physical maintenance and equipment needs and repairs and coordinates internal or external resources. Resolves problems relating to the facility on a day-to-day basis. Ensures all areas are appropriately stocked and supplies are readily accessible.
7. Covers front and/or back office functions. May also administer medications in accordance with established policies and procedures or as directed, and consistent with demonstrated competencies and state scope of practice.
8. This position has a strong understanding of the daily workflow of the practice and functions autonomously to provide guidance to ensure quality patient experiences and efficient practice operations. This position is required to have working knowledge of referral and authorization processes and must have the ability to navigate a variety of separate computer programs at any given time and handle multiple demands on time. Internal customers include all patients, staff and clinic providers. External customers include the community, vendors and non-clinic providers and facilities.
Requires a level of literacy, communication and math skills as normally demonstrated at the level of an Associate's Degree.
Certain assignments may require current certification as a Medical Assistant, Nursing Assistant or current LPN license.
Requires a level of knowledge and ability normally demonstrated by at least three years experience in a physician's office or medical environment. Requires excellent communication and organizational skills.
Employees working at the Whole Health Clinic must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R6676
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.