The future is full of possibilities. At Banner Health, we're excited about what the future holds for health care. That's why we're changing the industry to make the experience the best it can be. Our team has come together with the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. The future of health care starts here. If you're ready to change lives, we want to hear from you.
We currently seek an EVS Coordinator for our Environmental Services / Housekeeping team at our Banner University Medical Center location. As the Housekeeping Coordinator you'll be responsible for coordinating all department activities to include scheduling, dispatching, logging, tracking, prioritizing, and assigning staff to ensure all requests are completed in an effective, efficient manner that enhances service levels.
Experience working with computer database, scheduling and spreadsheet and reporting programs is essential, as well as an ability to communicate across multiple teams effectively as you ensure our facility is staffed with the proper resources at all times.
Are you a highly organized individual looking for a challenging and impactful role? Apply today!
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
University Medical Center Phoenix Banner - University Medical Center Phoenix is a nationally recognized academic medical center. The world-class hospital is focused on coordinated clinical care, expanded research activities and nurturing future generations of highly trained medical professionals. Our commitment to nursing excellence has enabled us to achieve Magnet(tm) recognition by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. The Phoenix campus, long known for excellent patient care, has over 730 licensed beds, a number of unique specialty units and is the new home for medical discoveries, thanks to our collaboration with the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Phoenix. Additionally, the campus responsibilities include fully integrated multi-specialty and sub-specialty clinics, and with a new $400 million campus investment, a new patient tower and 2 new clinic buildings will be built.
POSITION SUMMARY This position provides leadership to the Environmental Services staff on an assigned shift, and customer service support to nursing, support departments, and department employees regarding patient throughput, cleaning schedules, quality control, and patient or employee satisfaction.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Coordinates all department activities too include scheduling, dispatching, logging, tracking, prioritizing, and assigning staff to ensure all requests are completed in an effective, efficient manner that enhances service levels.
2. Conducts patient/staff rounds to nursing units and other service areas. Obtains feedback and quality control data regarding patient/staff satisfaction and conducts appropriate follow-up action. Provides timely follow-up information to requesting departments regarding any issues which may arise; consults with the leader on any items requiring assistance.
3. Participates in the interviewing and selection process for new employees. Provides training and serves as a preceptor for new staff. Supports and assists leadership with the preparation of performance recognition and/or annual performance reviews for designated staff members.
4. Updates department policies and procedures. Supports updating and implementing of policies and procedures for the department. Acts as a resource in procedural knowledge to hospital/facility and department personnel.
5. Supervises the ordering for all department supplies and equipment. Provides support for ensuring operating supply expenses are within budgeted parameters.
6. Works under limited supervision; facility-based responsibility only. Internal customers are other staff, physicians, patients, visitors, managers, and executives. External customers are vendors, other company facilities, and non-company facilities. Supervises day-to-day work flow for designated staff. Assists leadership with candidate selection, training & development, provides feedback for performance appraisals, directs work assignments, identifies disciplinary action issues and reports to leader.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Must possess knowledge obtained through two years previous experience in customer service. Effective organizational, communication and human relation skills are necessary to coordinate several projects simultaneously and work closely with department supervisor/manager and all levels of staff. Advanced word processing, spreadsheet and/or database software skills as well as the ability to research and compile statistical reports are required. Ability to compute mathematical calculations. Must posses a valid driver's license and be eligible for coverage under the company auto insurance policy.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Customer service experience with an emphasis on Environmental Services is preferred. Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R7329
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.