Health care is constantly changing, and at Banner Health, we are at the front of that change. We are leading health care to make the experience the best it can be. We want to change the lives of those in our care - and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
Banner is a diverse collection of dedicated and talented individuals committed to giving our customers an excellent experience through technology. Banner empowers you to enact change and deliver the results that continuously improve our ability to provide an excellent experience for our customers and clinicians. We are currently seeking an expert in the Cerner PathNet laboratory suite of products.
The IT Clinical Systems Consultant will have the opportunity to work with a great team of highly skilled analysts. This team supports enterprise wide laboratory departments, providing innovative solutions for Cerner PathNet and associated applications. This team works with a wide variety of clinicians and IT specialists to solve problems and create innovative solutions to ensure we are making a difference, allowing our customers to focus on delivering excellent care to our patients.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options, so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is a high level strategic contributor with expertise in selected business or healthcare processes and is responsible for formulating system scope and objectives relative to the company's requirements utilizing previous clinical expertise. Acts independently or as leader of a team to provide knowledge, guidance, research and fact finding expertise to define, design and modify specifications and processes of complex information systems. Responsible for establishing system documentation standards and quality assurance methodologies for systems and applications.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Provides leadership for company staff, information technology staff and various committees guiding the design, implementation and maintenance of complex application and system specifications and processes. Participates and may lead taskforces to plan, implement, and coordinate facility activities to maximize information technology service quality, effectiveness and efficiency.
2. Leads a team of information technology professionals, end user customers and vendors to assemble request for information/proposal (RFI/RFP), return on investment (ROI) calculations, capital or operating budgets data or other high level strategic specifications and documents.
3. Designs and administers complex standards and policies regarding application and end user customer documentation. Ensures that department and company standards are implemented and consistently adhered to.
4. Provides high level expertise to the development of fully integrated testing scenarios. Ensures that the information systems across multiple levels and states and their relationships are considered and are part of the comprehensive testing plans.
5. Identifies, investigates, tracks, and resolves multi level project, system or application errors ensuring the solution is timely and of acceptable quality.
6. Determines and designs end user training and curriculum for applications and systems. Facilitates the initial rollout and ongoing training of the user community.
7. Provides high level expertise and guidance to the user community and mentors junior members of the department.
8. Maintains current professional and technical knowledge relating to the healthcare industry by attending educational workshops/conferences, establishing personal networks, and/or maintaining relevant certification or licensure as business needs require.
9. This position has high level responsibility for selected information applications or systems. Work is performed in a fast paced multi-tasked environment where there may be conflicting priorities or tight deadlines. The incumbent has decision-making authority for projects and applications and works at peer level across diverse areas and multiple states. The incumbent participates in meetings, presentations, visioning sessions, strategic and planning sessions, implementation activities, and supports functions company-wide.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Must possess a strong technical and business knowledge as typically obtained through the completion of a bachelor's degree related field.
RN licensure or other applicable clinical licensure/certification required, such as Physical Therapist.
Must also have in-depth knowledge of concepts within job function as would normally be obtained in 6-8 years work experience in a healthcare environment. Must demonstrate general knowledge of information technology and healthcare. Needs experience in medium scale project planning and reporting, either individual or team. Requires communication and presentation skills to engage technical and non-technical audiences. Requires ability to communicate and interact across facilities and at various levels. Incumbent will have skills to mentor less experienced team members. As is typical in this industry, variable shifts and hours and carrying/responding to a pager may be required.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R5931
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.