Health care is constantly changing, and at Banner Health, we are at the front of that change. We are leading health care to make the experience the best it can be. We want to change the lives of those in our care - and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
There is no better time to be in healthcare IT. As a Biomed Technician II , you will be part of the Technology Management team providing implementation, service, and support for all Banner Health medical equipment. Banner IT was awarded Insider Pro and Computerworld's 100 Best Places to Work in IT for 2020! The team has also received the 2019 Biomedical Instrumentation and Technology/AAMI Bright Idea finalist award for their innovation and empowering organizational structure. In addition, the commercial business ENTECH , provides project management, on-site technology management, equipment planning and assessment for imaging and non-imaging clinical technology. Dedicated to Banner Health's mission to make health care easier, so life can be better, the Information Technology division is focused on diversity, employee engagement and development, driving innovation, providing legendary service, and delivering successful results, all in a culture of trust and respect.
In your role as a Banner Health Biomed Technician II , you will work in a faced-paced, and rewarding environment with state-of-the-art technology that directly impacts the patient experience. We provide a robust orientation program to set you up for success. Opportunities for employee development include project and time management, temperament training, leadership academy topics, and vendor-provided technical training. Teamwork is key in this department and you will be empowered to utilize resources and collaborate to ensure consistent service delivery. Some travel may be required depending on the facilities you support. Future career growth includes opportunities in medical imaging, planning, security, integration and quality areas. In addition, tuition reimbursement and tuition discounts are available for continuing education costs.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options, so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for installing, repairing, calibrating, preventative maintenance, electrical safety and performance verification, bench and field service on most medical equipment at the board/module level with assistance or direct supervision.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Installs, repairs, and calibrates clinical equipment at a component level. Inspects incoming equipment for compliance with codes, standards and manufacturer's recommendations.
2. Performs scheduled/preventive maintenance, electrical safety inspections, and quality assurance consistent with applicable regulatory standards on assigned medical equipment in a timely manner.
3. Repairs patient care equipment, medical communications equipment and PCs to board/module level through and understanding of electronics theory and applications including operating systems and PC repair. Reads detailed electronic schematics. Troubleshoots equipment using available test equipment. Monitors the work of outside contractors/vendors engaged in equipment repair.
4. Provides customer relations and resolves equipment service problems by ensuring that clinical capability is restored as quickly as possible. Maintains communication with customers regarding the status of equipment repairs. Proactively solves technology issues when appropriate. Coordinates/schedules service (self, vendor and, when appropriate, other technicians) via management of customer expectations. Performs device investigations related to regulations and/or incident reporting under supervision if applicable.
5. Provides direct marketing and sales support to Technology Management internal and external customers.
6. Documents all work performed, maintains parts, supplies, tools, test equipment and technical literature by completing service reports and supplemental productivity documentation in an accurate and timely manner. Maintains an accurate and current parts inventory. Assists manager in maintaining a comprehensive library of technical literature.
7. Assists with equipment installations and project work involving patient care, medical communications technology, and clinical application networks.
8. Trains field technicians with less expertise in preventative maintenance and repair of medical equipment, and service delivery methods when appropriate.
9. This position has service responsibility in several departments in multiple facilities: regionally and system-wide. Customers are internal and external (including physicians, nurses, other hospital and HMO personnel, veterinary clinics, surgi-centers, walk-in customers, etc.) This position receives direction from senior level Biomedical Technicians or the Technical Services Manager.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Must possess a strong knowledge of electronics as normally obtained through the completion of an Associate's degree in electronics and a minimum of two years of related experience within an acute-care hospital setting.
Must posses a valid driver's license and be eligible for coverage under the company auto insurance policy
Must possess a working knowledge of electricity, AC/DC electronics including power supplies, electro/mechanics including motors and motor controls, and hydraulics/pneumatics. Must be knowledgeable in medical terminology and basic physiology. Must also be proficient in PC repair and Windows PC and network operating systems.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R2250
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.