Nurses are the heartbeat of a hospital, and we do our best to keep our nurses' hearts beating happily and well. Part of this is the breadth of career options for nurses at Banner Health.
TeleICU provides remote clinical support for 500+ ICU patients for 27 Banner facilities in 5 States utilizing various technology tools. This service involves Intensivists, ACNPs and eRNs providing clinical support for bedside teams by pro-actively trending, analyzing, and intervening to prevent possible adverse patient outcomes and supporting management of critical/emergent patients. This position will require working with a computer and MS Window-based programs, excellent customer service and communication skills, and the ability to work well in a virtual (audio/visual), fast paced, and changing environment.
Cerner knowledge is highly preferred. 5 years of recent ICU/CVICU or related critical care/hospital clinical experience is highly preferred. Compact AZ licensure is required.
This is a full time (36 hours) day shift position: three 12's 6A-6P with rotating weekend coverage.
***This is not a remote position. The team is based out of our Mesa, AZ Corporate office, located on Country Club and Brown.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and balance your work and life.
If you are a New Graduate Nurse with less than 12 months of experience, please visit the main job search page and under the Job Type filter, select New Nurse Experience.
Banner Health leverages telehealth technology to improve patient care and support the rapid changes within the health care environment. Regardless of patient location, The Banner telehealth team responds to requests for help from bedside care teams, monitors for adverse trends and intervenes before adverse trends become adverse outcomes, monitors and supports "best practice" compliance and measures clinical outcomes.
POSITION SUMMARY This position assists with comprehensive care coordination in patient populations as assigned in accordance with established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards including telehealth nursing guidelines. Coordination and outcome measurements are provided via audio/visual technology, collected and other interfaced data elements in a remote operations center (ROC).
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Participates in population health management across the continuum to achieve optimal clinical, financial, operational, and patient satisfaction outcomes.
2. Collects and reviews patient information while applying appropriate standards of care. This includes reviewing patient history and physical and assures admission data entry for Telehealth database is completed within appropriate timeframe. Continually examines available information obtained by other health care team members to assist in safe patient care, maintain quality metrics and drive system reporting outcomes. Completes audio visual assessments and reassessments according to patient need and as outlined in Telehealth standards of care.
3. Evaluates and collaborates with the interdisciplinary team in a timely manner while monitoring patient progress towards goals, response(s) to treatment(s)/intervention(s), and expected outcomes. Reviews and suggests revisions to the plan of care to reflect patient needs based on evaluation of the patient's ongoing condition(s).
4. Documentation reflects objective/subjective data and if applicable, patient's response. Documentation is timely and in accordance with applicable policy(s).
5. May participate in research activities. Participates in unit or facility shared leadership and may join Shared Leadership committee or council. Interacts with patients, families, and visitors in regards to technology and role of Telehealth.
6. Serves as a resource to other staff members and facility based clinical teams while precepting and mentoring when appropriate.
7. Uses skilled communication and promote collegiality between staff, providers, and leaders in order to achieve optimal clinical and operational outcomes. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating Banner core and leader behaviors each and every day.
8. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and completing all mandatory education. Strongly encouraged reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
9. Interacts with all levels of staff in a variety of departments and facilities. Internal customers include all levels of Telehealth nursing management and staff, telehealth providers and technical teams. External customers include patients and patient families, all levels of bedside nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. Employs skilled communication when interacting with other health care providers in numerous settings in order to report and ask for or clarify information. Synthesizes and prioritizes data from multiple sources to provide support for the human response of the patient and family to changes in health status.
A minimum of five years of recent clinical experience as a registered nurse in the specialty area required. Must possess a current, valid RN license in state of practice, temporary RN license in state of practice, or compact RN licensure for current state of practice. ACLS and BLS certifications are required as indicated in the specialty area of practice. Must be able to demonstrate EKG proficiency.
Additional certification or continuing education may be required based on area of practice.
Relates throughout the interview process the experience, training and education needed to perform the job. Experience in the clinical area for which he or she is applying is required. Must maintain clinical performance competencies appropriate to the area in which they work as demonstrated through annual validations indicated per Telehealth. Experience must include working in an acute care setting within the past 12 months as a Registered Nurse in the specialty area.
Must demonstrate critical thinking, effective communication skills, problem-solving abilities, customer service and collaboration, time management skills, and Telehealth computer program literacy. Must demonstrate ability to work effectively in an interdisciplinary care model and changing environment.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R19740
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.