A rewarding career that fits your life. Those who have joined the Banner mission come from all walks of life, united by the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, apply today.
BSHRI is on the forefront of clinical and research efforts in the areas of healthy aging, Alzheimer's disease and related disorders, and Parkinson's disease and other movement disorders. Direct clinical care activities include comprehensive neuropsychological evaluations of older adults referred for dementia and related disorders and movement disorders.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Banner Research is at the leading edge in a new era of scientific discovery and innovation. Our basic and clinical research faculty turns ground-breaking research findings into new identification, treatment and prevention methods for diseases such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, Cardiovascular disease, Cancer and Orthopedics. We have an international reputation for our work and we provide outstanding access for patients to clinical trials. Our commitment to excellence allow us to make a difference in people's lives every day.
This position provides quality, comprehensive neuropsychological diagnostic testing services for patents with complex conditions under the supervision of neuropsychologists who are licensed psychologists in the state. This position will assist in training staff and may provide ongoing supervision of staff and students. Additionally, this position may assist in conducting innovative high-quality research, including planning, design and execution. This is a post-doctoral educational/training step required to achieve status as an independently practicing neuropsychologist. This position will be time-limited with a requirement of 2 years, per requirements for board certification in clinical neuropsychology.
1. Under the supervision of licensed neuropsychologists, provides quality neuropsychological testing services to patients in outpatient and consultation settings by making complex psycho-diagnostic assessments and completing a diagnostic work with complex and difficult patients. Works in consultation with interdisciplinary team members to facilitate differential diagnosis, treatment evaluation, and treatment planning.
2. Administers, interprets, and documents neuropsychological testing of patients, as determined necessary and appropriate based on the clinical interview, including but not limited to differential diagnoses, delineation of spared and impaired cognitive functions, establishment of a neuropsychological baseline against which to monitor recovery or progression, and comparison of neuropsychological functioning prior to and following an intervention. Provides feedback and psycho-education as needed.
3. Assists in supervision and training of staff and students on the proper methods of cognitive testing. Provides education and training in psychological theory, diagnostic techniques, treatment modalities, and related programs to psychologists, allied disciplines, and personnel in medical, educational, managerial, social, and community programs. In some assignments, may supervise professional staff and/or students
4. May lead portions of research projects, including planning, designing, conducting, analyzing and interpreting innovative research. Collects, organizes and records data for manuscript preparation.
5. May participate in grant and manuscript writing. May participate in preparing timely reports on the research findings in the form of peer-reviewed publications and scientific presentations.
6. May engage in new or existing clinical research projects under the mentorship of research faculty.
7. May participate in and conduct cognitive training for patients diagnosed with mild cognitive impairment and early dementia and their care partners.
8. Strives to advance clinical skills and knowledge as both a direct service provider and an educator, by actively participating in continuing education programs per licensure and board certification requirements
9. Participates in interdisciplinary team activities, especially a) continuous quality improvement in ambulatory and/or inpatient services and teaching and b) those activities required to successfully operate a residency and medical school clerkships.
10. Customers are both internal and external, including but not limited to, facility personnel and leadership, department heads, and other allied health personnel. External communications include presentations to research and health care professionals, as well as lay people of varying educational and professional backgrounds. The position requires strong initiative, excellent clinical acumen, creative problem-solving skills and intellectual and professional agility in a complex and fluid working environment.
Requires Ph.D. or Psy.D.
Must have previous clinical and research experience, training or coursework in relevant field of research. Must possess knowledge of laboratory techniques, research methods and data collection. Requires strong communication, organization, and data analysis and evaluation skills. Must be able to maintain good rapport with other departmental personnel.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R19980
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.