In accordance with Colorado's EPEWA Equal Pay Transparency Rules.
Banner Staffing Services offers a world of opportunities to make an impact on one of the country's leading health systems. If you're looking to leverage your abilities to make a difference - you belong at Banner Staffing Services.
As the internal staffing (registry) provider for Banner Health, Banner Staffing Services (BSS) provides opportunities within one of the country's leading health systems. The BSS team is dedicated to providing personal attention and professional support for its employees. Registry opportunities are a great way to market your skills within Banner Health. As a BSS employee, you are eligible to apply (at any time) as an internal applicant to any regular full-time or part-time opportunities within Banner Health.
*** THIS IS A REMOTE ROLE
In addition, registry employment through BSS offers:
Flexible Schedules (select positions)
Fewer Shifts Cancelled
403(b) Pre-tax retirement plan
Employee Assistance Program
Employee wellness program
Discount Entertainment tickets
Auto Purchase Plan
BSS Registry positions do not have guaranteed hours and no medical benefits package is offered . BSS requires: Completion of post-offer Occupational Health physical assessment, drug screen and background check (includes; employment, criminal and education).
This position is a high-level strategic contributor with expertise in selected business or healthcare processes and is responsible for collaboratively formulating system scope and objectives related to company's requirements. The incumbent has minor level decision-making authority for projects and applications and works at peer level. May provide leadership to team to direct daily operations. The incumbent participates in meetings, presentations, visioning sessions, planning sessions, implementation activities, and supports functions system wide. Acts independently or as leader of a team to provide knowledge, guidance, research and fact-finding expertise to define, design and modify specifications and processes of complex information systems. Responsible for establishing system documentation standards and quality assurance methodologies for systems and applications. Maintains current professional and technical knowledge.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Business Outcomes: Relentless focus on delivering outcomes and value to our business. Sets enhanced objectives for self and others. Monitors performance trends and identifies opportunities to improve standards. Provides regular feedback and suggests alternative approaches necessary to ensure that organizational objectives and superior standards are achieved. Delegates responsibility and reallocates resources, as needed, to ensure that priorities are met. Improves efficiency and accomplishes operational objectives. Identifies and resolves tactical problems. Resolves basic to complex customer complaints or problems.
2. Technology Standards: Accountable for the daily performance of the team. Makes decisions - guided by policies, procedures and own business plan - that impact the efficiency and effectiveness of own team and other teams with interrelated processes recognizes process inefficiencies and drives continuous process improvement; regularly provides coaching and training to others in this area. Works within budgetary/financial objectives set by manager.
3. Innovation and Futures: Participates in change initiatives by implementing new directions and providing appropriate information and feedback. Offers ideas for improving work and team processes. Experiments with new approaches and improves productivity through trial and error.
4. Advisor & Partner: Collaborates with business partners and customers on key business issues and plays a part in developing process. Offers constructive advice on business processes, functions, and re-engineering opportunities resulting from the implementation of technology. Can present broad, complex information and concepts in an influential or persuasive way that results in action.
5. Communication: Presents information or ideas to the interests, level and needs of the audience, which may include direct reports, supervisor, internal customers, peer managers or physicians. Actively engages participants and encourages input. Uses group process skills to ensure that the agenda is met. Promotes and facilitates free and open communication. Adapts choice of language and presentation of ideas to fit various needs and perspectives of audiences.
6. Measurements: Ensures Key Performance Indicators are developed and tracked in all levels of work effort. Clearly defines success and implements the measurements to understand when success is achieved.
7. Strategic: Coaches staff regarding enhancements to plans and implementations based on extensive experiences in the industry and a wide breadth of knowledge regarding customers' operational needs. Identifies strategic level initiatives through input from staff, vendors, and customers. Develops tactical and strategic initiatives to proactively address customer needs.
8. This position has responsibility for selected area of responsibility. Work is performed in a fast-paced multi-tasked environment where there may be conflicting priorities or tight deadlines. The incumbent must have significant knowledge about cross functional departments in order to serve as a liaison and provide relevant guidance or leadership. The incumbent has collaborative decision-making authority for projects and applications and works at peer and leader levels. The incumbent may also be expected to troubleshoot issues at a complex level and appropriately escalate issues to other resources, as needed. The incumbent participates in meetings, presentations, visioning sessions, planning sessions, implementation activities, and supports functions system wide. May be responsible for leading cross functional teams using project management skills to achieve desired results. The incumbent may also be expected to lead a team of in managing daily operations.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core behaviors.
NOTE: The core functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
Banner Health Leadership will strive to uphold the mission, vision, and values of the organization. They will serve as role models for staff and act in a people-centered, service excellence-focused, and results-oriented manner.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Must possess strong technical and business knowledge as typically obtained through the completion of bachelor's degree in Statistics, Epidemiology, Computer Sciences, Process Engineering, Business, Healthcare, Information systems or related field.
Requires a minimum of seven plus years of experience or equivalent as typically obtained in one or multiple areas: reporting and/or analytics in clinical, financial, insurance, utilization, patient satisfaction, supply chain, HR, clinical application configuration, or related field. Must possess significant knowledge of cross functional departments in order to serve as a liaison and provide relevant guidance or leadership. Must possess strong project management skills and ability to work independently, manage large, multiple projects, complex reports, while organizing priorities. Excellent communication, interpersonal and critical thinking skills are required. Strong technical skills as appropriate for position (SQL/Ansi SQL, SAS, Tableau, Excel, clinical software applications, etc.).
Experience with system implementation and project management. Additional experience with specialized applications in related area also preferred. Experience with department specific software (Cerner, NextGen, Centricity, TSI, and Quality Advisor, SAS or SSRS), including advanced integrated or independent report writing applications. Master's degree or PhD in Math, Statistics, or related healthcare technical field. Advanced knowledge in area of expertise.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred .
Internal Number: R23825
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.