A rewarding career that fits your life. Those who have joined the Banner mission come from all walks of life, united by the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, apply today.
As a Transitional Care Associate, you will facilitate the safe and timely transition from acute care to alternative levels of care such as skilled nursing facility, long-term acute care, inpatient rehabilitation, home infusion therapy, hospice and/or home care program. You will also facilitate discharge plan for the transition of care and services into the designated setting or service. Additional responsibilities include providing on-site or telephonic discharge arrangements to post-acute and community services. You should be willing to work collaboratively with care coordination team members to identify any barriers to a safe discharge, and works with patient/family to provide clear communication regarding discharge plan.
Schedule: 4 Ten hour shifts 7am-5:30pm, with rotating weekend. This position offers a weekend schedule which is eligible for a flat rate $3/hour weekend shift differential.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life
University Medical Center Tucson Banner - University Medical Center Tucson is nationally recognized for providing exceptional patient care, teaching future health-care professionals and conducting groundbreaking research. Also located onthe campus is Diamond Children's - recognized for its specialized pediatric services including neonatal and intensive care, emergency medicine and cancer therapies. Banner - University Medical Center Tucson is a Level 1 Trauma Center, meaning we care for the most critically injured patients. The hospital is consistently listed among the nation's top hospitals in the prestigious Best Hospitals ranking by U.S. News & World Report. Our nurses' innovative, safe and thoughtful care has been recognized with Magnet(tm) designation fromthe American Nurses Credentialing Center. The hospital's physicians are full-time faculty of the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Tucson. Our specialty services include comprehensive heart and cancer care, advanced neuroscience techniques and a multi-organ transplant program.
POSITION SUMMARY This position facilitates the safe and timely transition of clients from acute care to alternative levels of care such as skilled nursing facility, long-term acute care, inpatient rehabilitation, home infusion therapy, hospice and/or home care or community program. Facilitates discharge plan for the transition of care and services into the designated setting or service. Provides on-site or telephonic discharge arrangements to post-acute and community services.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Processes and facilitates the timely discharge/transfer of clients from hospital care to identified post-acute setting. Notifies care coordination team member(s) if patient or caregiver demonstrate or verbalize any inability/concern to be able to manage their post-acute plan or responsibilities.
2. Facilitates/ implements the care plan with proposed interventions in collaboration with healthcare team. Collaborates with all members of the healthcare team to implement, manage and communicate the transition of care arrangements.
3. Participates in performance improvement projects, Banner initiatives and performs data collection for measurement of projects as assigned.
4. Documents all interventions in the patient medical record both timely and accurately including all elements of the discharge plan. Performs transfer of accurate, pertinent patient information between all appropriate entities of the post-acute care continuum.
5. Assist and support patients and families in making appropriate arrangements for the post-acute plan. Performs follow-up calls to patients and providers as indicated and report any concerns to leadership.
6. Serves as an intermediary when providing community resources to patients, caregiver, and families. Discusses with patient, caregiver, and/or family maintaining clear communication regarding anticipated discharge date and potential care settings.
7. Maintains knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid and other program benefits to assist patients with transition of care planning and choices.
8. Employee has freedom to determine how to best accomplish functions within established procedures and implements the discharge plan under the delegated authority of a provider, licensed MSW, registered nurse or other licensed healthcare professional. Confers with supervisor/manager on any unusual situations and communicates plans and activities for patient discharge across the care continuum. Internal customers: Post-acute services team members and all levels of nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of assigned facility interdisciplinary health care team. External customers: home health agencies, nursing homes, insurance providers, group homes, assisted living facilities, hospice, long-term acute care hospitals, inpatient rehabilitation facilities, volunteer agencies, county/governmental agencies and medical supply companies and others as required.
A Bachelor's degree in social work or related degree or a Licensed Practice Nurse, or a Licensed Respiratory Therapist required.
Must have knowledge of government/community agencies and resources, such as Medicare/Medicaid, long term care or other applicable resources/services. Must demonstrate effective communication and customer service skills, human relation skills and time management skills. Must be able to work flexible hours and work weekends on rotation. BLS required. (BLS is not required for employees working in the Insurance Division.)
Previous experience in health care service setting, interacting with patients and families, usually obtained through work in social services, as a licensed practical nurse or in a discharge planning setting.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R23048
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.