Banner Health believes leadership matters, and we look for people who share our vision making health care easier, so life can be better. Our leaders are at the front of the health care transformation, planning the future of Banner Health.
As the Director of the Culinary & Nutrition Department you will be instrumental in leading strategic initiatives and special projects and will have oversite of staffing, budgeting, and financial operations management. This position provides direction, planning and supervision of food and clinical nutrition services as well as maintaining benchmarks of productivity. Broad experience in the management of both retail and patient food service, production and procurement. Requires strong abilities in leadership, communications, business analysis and planning.
If you are looking for a growth opportunity with a fantastic company and a chance to lead an amazing team of professionals, then we'd like to hear from you!
Your pay and benefits are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. This opportunity is also eligible for our Management Incentive Program, as part of your Total Rewards package. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. This opportunity includes the option to participate in a variety of health, financial, and security benefits. In addition, this position may be eligible for our Management Incentive Program as part of your Total Rewards package. Nonprofit Banner Thunderbird Medical Center opened its doors in 1983 and has been growing ever since to meet the health care needs of the communities it serves in northwest metropolitan Phoenix. Today, the 555-bed hospital - one of the largest hospitals in the state - is annually ranked as one of the top hospitals in the Phoenix metropolitan area by US News & World Report and enjoys a reputation as the preferred provider of care to children and adults in the area in consumer preference surveys. The tertiary care hospital provides everything from routine to advanced, specialized care to both adult and pediatric patients. Specialized services include cardiology, orthopedic surgery, pediatrics, neurosurgery, robotic surgery, stroke care and a women and infants services program. Additionally, in partnership with top-ranked MD Anderson Cancer Center, Banner Thunderbird also offers state-of-the-art cancer care. Banner Thunderbird is certified as a Joint Commission Primary Stroke Center and features a 35-bed Level III neonatal intensive care unit that cares for babies of high-risk pregnancies and those born prematurely. Banner Thunderbird is also home to the only pediatric intensive care unit for seriously ill or injured children in the area. If you would like to contribute to truly leading edge caring, we invite you to bring your experience and skills to Banner Thunderbird.
POSITION SUMMARY This position provides direction, planning and supervision of food services and clinical nutrition services to ensure that the department provides efficient, high quality meal service and nutritional care to patients and customers. These services may also include multiple retail food/beverage units and catering services. The position provides strategic direction to ensure the department goals are consistent with organizational objectives.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Provides required leadership, planning, and direction to create and deliver high quality food and nutrition services and dietary care. Oversees menu planning and recipe development, food production, procurement and storage of food and nutritional supplies and equipment, retail operations, patient food services, and patient dietary counseling.
2. Plans and directs the implementation of information systems for the department. Works with organization and vendor resources to implement and manage systems for patient menus and ordering, the management of food production and forecasting, retail sales accounting and tracking, and patient dietary services.
3. Directs personnel actions including recruiting, new hire actions, interviewing and selection of new staff, salary determinations, training, and performance management. Supports staff training and development to motivate staff to provide highest level of service and to remain current on industry trends. Establishes and communicates team goals and provides feedback and recommendations for improvement. Creates cohesive teams committed to clinical, product and service quality.
4. Brings innovative and synergistic ideas into the workplace by evaluating new products, emerging trends and technologies, economic changes, and industry innovation. Participates in system-wide task forces and/or teams to assess and promote the use of common practices and economies.
5. Manages quality, safety and compliance for all facility food and nutrition services. Creates and administers measures and benchmarks for all required outcomes in product and service quality, regulatory compliance, customer satisfaction, safe work practices and employee engagement and satisfaction. Assures that all reporting staff maintain required food handling and professional certification.
6. Manages the department's financial performance. Forecasts and manages retail food and catering revenues. Develops and manages operational and capital budgets. Manages operating expenses and other key indicators within agreed upon parameters. Reconciles monthly operating expense budget variances.
7. Under the general supervision of a facility administrator, this position is responsible for all aspects of retail and patient food services on a 24-hour basis and for all clinical nutrition and patient dietary care services. The position plans and provides systems to support customer needs and evaluate service levels. Position organizes, directs and modifies food service activities to ensure high quality, cost-effective, and efficient operations. The position develops budgets, goals, and objectives for the department and is responsible for menus, quality assurance and utilization management programs.
Requires a bachelor's degree in Nutrition and Food Service Management, or equivalent experience and training. Requires a level of nutrition and dietary knowledge as normally evidenced by certification as a Registered Dietitian.
Must have five or more years of broad experience in the management of both retail and patient food service, production and procurement, and experience in managing clinical nutrition services. Must be able to budget and apply clinical skills to quality assurance and utilization management. Requires strong abilities in leadership, communications, business analysis and planning, and the ability to plan and direct the work of others.
Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R26517
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.