In accordance with Colorado's EPEWA Equal Pay Transparency Rules.
Great careers are built at Banner Health. We understand that talented health care professionals appreciate having options. We are proud to offer our team members many career and lifestyle choices throughout our network of facilities. Apply today, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Located just 45 minutes north of Denver, Northern Colorado offers trendy restaurants, a thriving retail sector, and endless cultural amenities. Between wildflower-filled meadows and spectacular views of the Rocky Mountains, you will find adventures by horse, mountain bike and boat plus, endless hiking trails and world class skiing.
Join our Security team at North Colorado Medical Center as a Dispatch Operator. In this position, you will be handling a high volume of calls from our teams throughout the hospital as well as from our community partners. You will also be responsible for alarm and camera monitoring. Excellent problem solving skills will be required for this position. We are looking for candidates with dispatch experience whether it is health care or non health care related. This position will work Saturday, Sunday and Monday from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. If you are interested, please apply today!
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position coordinates all emergency and non-emergency calls for responses for all assigned sites where security personnel and/or security systems are located to include all Banner facilities. Monitors cameras and emergency telephones for all assigned locations, dispatching company or local services as needed.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Acts as first point of contact to receive, screen, and prioritize all emergency and non-emergency telephone calls for service from the public and staff requiring security, law enforcement, emergency medical service, or fire department response. Condenses large amounts of information into readable, sensibly typed remarks in a timely manner and can recall numerous acronyms and codes essential to appropriate call processing. Operates a multi-line telephone console system. Determines and assigns the level of priority of the call and enter the data into a computer aided dispatch system for radio dispatch purposes. Asks vital questions and provides pre-arrival instructions for security response. Logs all call information and passes on radio dispatch needs to the radio operators.
2. Monitors access software for system wide valid access and invalid access alarms. Monitors the links for connectivity to the servers for all electronic access doors. Operates the access software for system wide door controls for unlocks, locks, and momentary access. Operates the cardholder functions for badge identification and report logs for vehicle identification. Troubleshoots servers, panels, connectivity or errors via Multiport software.
3. Performs facility lockdown either electronically or manually as is necessary. Coordinates with the Emergency Operations Center (EOC) to direct all security traffic. Monitors, retrieves, and processes all alarms via alarm software. Recognizes the alarms with tones and visual alerts. Retrieves alarm information by using multi-windows prompts. Processes the alarm from acknowledgement, dispatching, and clearing the alarm; whilst documenting the details regarding the alarm activation.
4. Monitors all emergency phones around the exterior of each facility for all emergent traffic needs. Monitors parking lot callboxes for escorts requests, vehicle assistance requests, or any other emergent need. Monitors all elevator callboxes for trouble in the elevator or medical assistance needs. Evaluates information received and utilizes protocols provided through the computer aided dispatch system to determine appropriate action or actions to be taken. Deals with sensitive information in a discreet and professional manner by maintaining confidentiality. Maintains a positive customer service attitude at all times with staff, public, coworkers, and supervisor. Makes rapid, accurate decisions which affect the outcome of other public safety services.
5. Monitors, assists and reviews all closed-circuit television (CCTV). Monitors all facility CCTV in a rotation pattern. Assist officers via CCTV for safety and liability. Review video through all CCTV software to assist officers and management.
6. Operates a multi-channel radio console. Transmits and receives all traffic for each facility. Transmits alert tones for emergency traffic. Uses the radio call log to retrieve radio traffic times. Uses the traffic playback option to retrieve any traffic lost. Patches multiple channels together in the event of need for interfaced facility traffic.
7. Exhibits ability to assess and prioritize emergency situations as they arise and coordinate requested resources to handle any situation. Works independently to make decisions based on severity of situation. Internal customers include all employees, patients and family, physicians. External customers include campus visitors, vendors and law enforcement agency representatives.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS High school diploma or equivalent.
Requires a combination of two years of communications center, high volume contact center (multi-line) or security experience. Proven ability to provide excellent customer service with demonstrated ability to develop and maintain cooperative and professional relationships with all levels of employees and leadership. Must be able to quickly determine severity of a situation and dispatch needed services. Must be able to prioritize several requests at a time, possess self-motivation, independent judgment and organizational skills. Demonstrated ability to work in high volume, stress related situations with professionalism and composure. Requires effective verbal and written communication skills, leadership and human relations skills, and excellent customer service skills. Basic mathematical skills are required.
Working knowledge of computers and basic office software packages as well as keyboarding skills are required.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Previous experience with radio communication equipment is preferred. Two years previous dispatching experience preferred
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R25188
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.