In accordance with Colorado's EPEWA Equal Pay Transparency Rules.
The future is full of possibilities. At Banner Health, we're excited about what the future holds for health care. That's why we're changing the industry to make the experience the best it can be. If you're ready to change lives, we want to hear from you.
Banner Health is currently seeking an IT Systems Engineer to support Banner Health's Windows/Linux compute environments which encompasses Windows and Linux compute, but is not solely limited to. Varying levels of application support are required. As an IT Systems Engineer, you would be working Infrastructure and Operations and Service Delivery Department to provide IT services and capabilities supporting several service lines of business in use at Banner Health.
In this role you will be responsible for different aspects of Compute support including but not limited to, deployment, maintenance, monitoring, performance analysis, securing and rotating on-call. You will be part of a team focused on compute and will collaborate with several members and teams throughout IT and Banner Health. As an ideal candidate, you would have experience managing Windows/Linux servers.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position demonstrates technical knowledge of infrastructure and communications processes and supports system defined objectives relative to the company's business and healthcare requirements. Interacts as part of a team and is able to plan, design, implement and support some company Information Technology infrastructure, networks, hardware and applications.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Provides technical support to maintain, monitor and troubleshoot technical systems that are associated with providing critical patient care.
2. Participates in scheduled projects that require interaction between various customer and department and hardware/software vendors. Provides input to project plans, work schedules and critical timelines.
3. Works effectively as a team member of the department or project groups. Demonstrates teamwork by participating and performing tasks as defined by the team.
4. Produces technical input for designs to complex processes for presentation to senior members of the team.
5. Interacts with the customer, from a variety of departments, to research and develop solutions to support issues resulting in a positive experience for the customer.
6. Provides technical information regarding current and future industry concepts, hardware, and software.
7. This position has responsibility for selected infrastructure applications or systems. Work is performed in a fast paced multi-tasked environment where there may be conflicting priorities or tight deadlines. The incumbent has minor level decision-making authority for projects, coding, and applications and works at peer level. The incumbent participates in meetings, presentations, visioning sessions, planning sessions, implementation activities, and supports functions system wide.
Must possess an associate/vocational degree in related field or equivalent combination of relevant education, technical, business and healthcare experience.
Requires communication, and presentation skills to engage technical and non-technical audiences. Requires ability to communicate, and interact across facilities and at various levels. As is typical in this industry, variable shifts and hours and carrying/responding to a pager may be required.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R11854
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.