Purpose of the Position: Leads patient safety and quality improvement work programs important to AzHHA members and works in collaboration with other state agencies/departments as appropriate. Works with healthcare professionals to facilitate care improvement on focused topics. Directs day to day operation of improvement activities related to care improvement. Reports to the Vice President of Care Improvement.
Registered Nurse with a bachelor’s degree in Nursing, or other healthcare-related field required
Healthcare experience in an acute care hospital in the last 5 years is required; two years of leadership experience required
Functions as the lead resource for AzHHA hospitals concerning quality, patient safety, infection prevention and related clinical issues, including quality reporting requirements.
· Analyze trends in healthcare and recommend programs of high interest and value in Arizona to optimize member engagement and satisfaction
· Initiate and directs ongoing communication and training/coaching for hospitals including live learning sessions, coaching calls, webinars, and site visits for key programs
· Develops collaborative relationships with key hospital staff and provides needed clinical subject matter expertise, coaching and resources
· Develop and present clinical education presentations based on current evidence-based practice and completed action plans with follow up intervention as needed
· Develop and administer surveys for key stakeholders
Serves as the point of contact for hospitals
Identify data requirements for quality and patient safety programs
Work with key stakeholders to collect and submit data
Develop and distribute monthly reports for hospitals
Monitor trends and requirements for data submission and improvement on all required topics and measures
Analyzes hospital and statewide data to identify opportunities for improvement
· Compiles and reviews organizations’ monthly and annual reports, data submissions and database reports in coordination with VP of Care Improvement.
· Submit documentation about stakeholder’s contacts (in-person, site visits, coaching calls)
· Ensures travel reimbursement forms with supporting documentation are submitted within five business days of travel
Adhere to project timelines and intervention strategies
Partner with other healthcare organizations that will contribute to the overall project goals and objectives
· Works collaboratively with AHA Center for Health Innovation, HSAG, ADHS, AzNA, and Center for Rural Health as well as other entities as identified.
Provide reports to the Vice President of Care Improvement about the progress of assigned projects
Meets periodically with VP of Care Improvement to review progress and strategize needed interventions.
Support AzHHA work in Emergency Preparedness and HAI prevention
· Attend ADHS HAI meetings
· Consults with AzCHER
Clinical knowledge and understanding
Ability to understand and research evidence-based practice
Use of Microsoft Office, Excel with Macros, Publisher, Outlook, and PowerPoint
Strong attention to detail and accuracy
Customer service orientation
Organizational skills Strong written, verbal, oral and interpersonal communication skills
Ability to meet deadlines
Ability to prioritize
Analytical problem-solving ability
Ability to handle confidential information and situations discreetly and professionally
Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently with limited supervision Creativity
Basic reading, writing, and strong arithmetic skills required
Professional telephone and email etiquette, professional appearance, and demeanor, able to interact with all levels within the organization
Drive and self-motivation
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ REQUIREMENTS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Working conditions are normal for a fast-paced office work environment.
Requires occasional overnight travel and weekend and/or evening work.
Presentation of technical material in group settings required occasionally.
Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed.
Requires walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day.
May include lifting up to 25 pounds for files on a regular basis. Proper lifting techniques required.
Reports directly to the Vice President of Care Improvement
Internal Number: 2021DCI
About Arizona Hospital and Healthcare Association
**Advocate***Collaborate***Achieve**Who We Are: Just as Arizona's dedicated healthcare professionals serve as vital advocates for patients' health, the Arizona Hospital and Healthcare Association (AzHHA) serves as a powerful advocate for issues that impact the quality and accessibility of healthcare in Arizona. AzHHA's membership includes health systems, hospitals and affiliated healthcare organizations that have united with the goal of improving healthcare delivery in Arizona.
Our Mission: We are the statewide association for those organizations and leaders devoted to collectively building better healthcare and health for the patients, people and communities of Arizona.
Our Vision: To make Arizona the Healthiest State in the Nation.