Those who have joined the Banner mission come from all walks of life, united by the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
In this role you will extend beyond customer service by being a liaison for patient, provider and specialty pharmacy if needed. After speaking and working with you, our patient s will know their out of pocket expense and can plan for their treatment instead of finding out cost after treatment has started. You will work in partnership with our other Navigators to assist with the following: Patient accounts, coordination with other departments to ensure correct processing of accounts, reconciling and reports, delivery and surgery logs, OB and self pay packages, process for consent forms for tubal and hysterectomies. This position will also be a back up for our surgery schedulers if needed.
This position will be a Monday through Friday schedule, no weekends, no holidays!
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
University Medical Center Tucson PBCs Banner - University Medical Center Tucson is nationally recognized for providing exceptional patientcare, teaching future health-care professionals andconducting groundbreaking research. Also located onthe campus is Diamond Children's - recognized for itsspecialized pediatric services including neonatal andintensive care, emergency medicine and cancer therapies.Banner - University Medical Center Tucson is SouthernArizona's only Level 1 Trauma Center, meaning we carefor the most critically injured patients. The hospital isconsistently listed among the nation's top hospitals in theprestigious Best Hospitals ranking by U.S. News & WorldReport. Our nurses' innovative, safe and thoughtful carehas been recognized with Magnet (tm) designation fromthe American Nurses Credentialing Center. The hospital'sphysicians are full-time faculty of the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Tucson. Our specialty servicesinclude comprehensive heart and cancer care, advancedneuroscience techniques and a multi-organ transplantprogram.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for optimizing the experience of patients and families who receive care within the hospital and ambulatory care setting. Effectively interfaces and collaborates with providers and staff to identify solutions to care coordination, involving all team members as needed.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Researches concerns and provides resolutions to patient's issues and needs, in collaboration with all team members.
2. Assists with patient-centered care program development, provides intensive specialized patient services. Recommends process and policy changes based on interactions with providers, staff and patients. Participates in selected patient satisfaction initiatives to maximize a positive patient experience.
3. Supports the administration and leadership of multiple physician offices, assigned outpatient facilities and staff in achieving institution-wide and specific initiatives which support strategic goals.
4. Provides and maintains effective communications with all constituents both within and outside of Banner Health.
5. Collaborates with social services to offer advice on lodging and transportation options, and local attractions for patients and families traveling to Banner Health facilities from outside the surrounding area.
6. Offers assistance with coordinating multiple appointments, utilizing the scheduling systems to ensure thorough communication across the multiple disciplines.
7. Meets and accompanies the patient and family to their initial appointments, rounding with providers pre- and post-surgery.
8. Participates in coordination of tumor board, conferences and consultations across the multidisciplinary care setting.
9. Works independently to provide excellent patient care. Internal customers include patients, staff, and physicians. External customers include patient family and members of the community.
Medical terminology. Medical Assistant Training, Patient Care Technician or Certified Nursing Assistant Training. Two years of health care experience required. Requires excellent time management and problem-solving skills, ability to meet constantly shifting deadlines and timelines and excellent customer service and recovery skills.
Bachelors degree in related field preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R22526
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.