Those who have joined the Banner mission come from all walks of life, united by the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
This position provides effective management for the operations of the materials management department, and is responsible for all operational, technical, and personnel activities associated with assigned areas of supply chain and inventory management. This position will focus on cost, quality and outcomes and a Service Level Agreement will define the outcomes and assigned areas of focus. In an Area Director assignment this position will have accountability and oversight for one or more facilities, which may be geographically separated.
Shift: Day Shift
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. This opportunity includes the option to participate in a variety of health, financial, and security benefits. In addition, this position may be eligible for our Management Incentive Program as part of your Total Rewards package. Banner Ironwood Medical Center is committed to meeting the ever-changing needs of the southeast communities of metropolitan Phoenix. Our first patient tower has 47 beds, including eight LDR rooms and can accommodate up to 86 beds when fully equipped. We also feature a full service emergency department, four surgical suites and medical imaging services. With our 80-acre campus, more than 500 beds and supporting health services could be built on our site. This means an exceptional opportunity for you to establish a career where the potential for growth is limitless.
POSITION SUMMARY This position provides effective management for the operations of the materials management department, and is responsible for all operational, technical, and personnel activities associated with assigned areas of supply chain and inventory management. This position will focus on cost, quality and outcomes and a Service Level Agreement will define the outcomes and assigned areas of focus. In an Area Director assignment this position will have accountability and oversight for one or more facilities, which may be geographically separated.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Provides direction and leadership for the facility(s) materials management functions. Provides direct leadership, education, and communication to staff to ensure effective operations of the materiel management functions throughout the system. Acts as a role model for organizational values and behaviors. Communicates mission, vision, and values and works to align functions and processes to work as a system. Delegates appropriately to allow decision making at the best level. Leads teams, conducts effective meetings, removes barriers, and engages in synergistic problem solving through effective delegation, coaching and counseling, and active listening.
2. Plans supply chain strategies and organizes work functions and processes. Develops and administers short and long-range plans in concert with system materials management that optimize the use of personnel, material, financial resources, and time to meet and exceed the level of service required by our customers.
3. Directs staffing and management of the department's staff. Develops department structure for maximum effectiveness. Maintains a competent and motivated staff through the appropriate selection, training, performance management, praise and recognition, feedback, and termination of subordinate personnel as appropriate. Develops work goals and objectives for the department in accordance and alignment with company goals; provides leadership, measures and feedback, and motivation for staff achievement of departmental goals. Demonstrates a commitment to education and training through formalized education programs at all levels.
4. Manages the supply expense of each facility through contract compliance, supply expense reduction and utilization programs, along with inventory management techniques. Analyzes facility supply costs monthly and tracks and reports all efforts related to supply expense reduction as well as other key operational metrics. Identities and implements methods for reducing operational expenditures in supply and equipment, while focusing on improving standardization and utilization. Leads projects and cross-functional teams to meet or exceed organizational performance levels.
5. Develops and oversees each departments budget in conjunction with corporate goals and objectives. Directs the department's resource allocation. This position is accountable for meeting annual budgetary goals.
6. Provides effective levels of service to the customers of Materials Management. Interacts frequently with administrators, physicians, nurses, department managers, supervisors and other professional and non-professional staff members to provide Materials Management or Internal Support Services resource information, assess customer satisfaction levels, obtains direct feedback regarding the departments performance, resolves problems, and identifies new opportunities to improve services and improve cost effectiveness. Promotes a positive customer service attitude both within and outside the department by maintaining effective working relationships. Promotes win-win relationships.
7. Works as a member of the company's materials management leadership team to achieve "Smarter, Faster, Better, Together" goals in standardization, vendor management and process improvement. Assists in the development and implementation of regional/system policies, procedures and process improvements for Materials Management. Negotiates agreements amongst end users to coordinate efficient processes and inventory costs.
8. As assigned, directs the facility's environmental services and/or customer service functions.
9. Position has both facility and region responsibility. Works under limited supervision using independent judgment to achieve goals. Internal customers are other staff, physicians, patients, visitors, supervisors, managers and executives. External customers are patients, visitors, vendors, other company Facilities, and outside medical facilities.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The core functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management or a related area, or an equivalent level of education and experience.
Requires Three to Five years or more years of progressive management experience with evidence of operational excellence and innovation in Materials Management and other related healthcare supply functions. Must have effective leadership, organizational, negotiation, communication and human relations skills.
Requires a broad understanding of materials management information systems, database management and reporting. Requires the ability to effectively manage the facility(s) Materials Management Information System and to work effectively with common office software.
Experience in managing facilities that are geographically separated is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R22945
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.