Explore and excel. At Banner Health, health care is a team effort. One might be surprised by the number of people who work behind the scenes and play a critical role in ensuring the best care for our patients. Apply today.
The Banner Health Central Payment Office strongly encourages continuous learning, personal growth, and acquisition of new skills by providing an abundance of resources to help employees achieve their career goals. The team also recognizes successes, provides feedback, and fosters a positive environment. Managing and maintaining compliance is a complex task; as a result, the CPO values taking time to think methodically and creatively to help organizational units achieve desired outcomes. We are committed to engaging with similar entities to promote a larger community of PCI awareness and participating in industry-wide PCI efforts (e.g., being a recognized PCI SSC participating organization).
As a CPO & Treasury Operations Analyst you will perform functions that involve enterprise-wide PCI-related project tasks and meetings (e.g., M&A due diligence, technology integrations, process improvements, etc.) and monitoring, auditing, and planning functions related to PCI, cash-handling, inventory tracking, education, and compliance/control adherence.
This is a remote opportunity within the following states:
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position will support Treasury and Central Payment Office ("CPO") in the oversight and management of data analytics, customer service and maintenance of accounts related to cash management, merchant card services and Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards ("PCI DSS") compliance and audits of those areas.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Implements and maintains the processes and controls to manage and audit system-wide cash and PCI DSS compliance. This includes developing and maintaining databases for reconciling, recording and reporting information to management.
2. Conducts unannounced cash counts and audits for all cash handling locations. Treasury will coordinate formal audits of up to 25% of all Banner cash handling locations per year.
3. Conducts audits regarding PCI DSS compliance including reviewing equipment, ensuring no skimming devices, inventory verification, etc.
4. Coordinates, plans and executes audits by working with leadership, managers, and process owners to develop audit program that documents access and tests the performance of internal controls.
5. Stays knowledgeable on current process, PCI DSS requirements and audit techniques. Use and promote the use of technology during the audit process to ensure efficiency and effectiveness.
6. Documents cash count and audit results and provide to Internal Audit, Business Health, Facility Management and others, as needed, to ensure all pertinent parties are aware of issues where corrective action(s) are required.
7. Serves as liaison for regulatory program requirements when required, provide administrative and business coordination with relevant operational departments.
8. Oversees delegated entity activities. Ensures all delegated services have been identified and proper compliance communication between Banner and delegated entity. Coordinate the policy approval process and ensures that proper policies are created and kept current.
9. Responsibilities are system-wide. This position is involved with complex problems. Has freedom to determine how to best accomplish functions with minimal supervision. Internal customers include all levels of management. External customers including but not limited to Qualified Security Assessor ("QSA"), PCI vendors, consultants, bankers, advisors, trustees, custodians, managers, etc. to ensure accuracy and timeliness of information.
Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Information Systems, Accounting, Finance, Economics or equivalent experience.
3 years of related experience including knowledge, skills and abilities as normally obtained through the completion of one year of experience in Treasury Workstations and a minimum of 2 years of hands-on security assessment and quality assurance related to PCI DSS. In-depth knowledge of financial analysis principles is necessary and organizational, communication and management skills are required.
Knowledge of governance frameworks, including but not limited to: ISO 27001, NIST CSF, COBIT, ITIL; Payment Card Industry Professional (PCIP), Payment Card Industry Internal Security Assessor (PCI ISA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Master of Business Administration (MBA) or Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) preferred. Knowledge of treasury functions, compliance trends, issues and regulations
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.