The future is full of possibilities. At Banner Health, we're excited about what the future holds for health care. That's why we're changing the industry to make the experience the best it can be. Our team has come together with the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. The future of health care starts here. If you're ready to change lives, we want to hear from you. Apply today.
Those who have joined the Banner mission come from all walks of life, united by the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
This is an exciting position for someone that would love to make their personal stamp in this role. You will be working with a highly collaborative team supporting Primary Care Sr. Leadership. This role will allow you to use good judgement/initiative and think quickly on our feet. If you excel at being a self-motivator, and like to work independently, then this is the role for you. You will be able to own a position that not many others will have opportunity to have. By helping our Executive Team stay on target administratively, you will be a key partner for this team by Managing and organizing calendars, schedule meetings, pull data and input into spreadsheets. Attend, arrange, and scribe meetings. Aide in scheduling Provider Interviews.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
At Banner Medical Group, you'll have the opportunity to perform a critical role in the community where you practice. Banner Medical Group provides both primary and specialty care throughout the communities in which Banner Health operates. We do this in a variety of settings - from smaller group practices like our Banner Health Clinics in Loveland, Colo. and Torrington, Wyo., to large multi-specialty Banner Health Centers in the metropolitan Phoenix area. We currently have more than 1,000 physicians and more than 3,500 total employees in our group and are seeking others to enhance our ability to deliver our nonprofit mission of providing excellent patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position supports a Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Corporate Senior Leadership Team (SLT) members, a senior director, or member(s) of facility senior leadership teams by providing clerical and administrative services and assistance, of moderate complexity, requiring the use of judgment and discretion on a periodic basis. This position may also support other SMT members or senior directors as needed.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Handles a wide variety of situations and conflicts involving the clerical and administrative function of the office, which often can not be brought to the attention of the executive. This includes summarizing the content of incoming materials, specially gathered information, or meetings to assist their supervisor; coordinating the new information with background office sources; and drawing attention to important aspects or conflict.
2. Interprets request and helps implement action, as well as decides whether the executive should be notified of important or emergency matters, as needed. In the absence of their supervisor, ensures that requests for action or information are relayed to the appropriate staff member.
3. Coordinates, handles, and/or completes recurring projects or one-time projects, as directed by supervisor.
4. Screens telephone calls and visitors, ascertaining who can be redirected to subordinate management. Provides information to callers, including key internal or external sources, which requires comprehensive knowledge of organization policies, practices and operations.
5. Maintains supervisor's calendar, regularly arranging meetings, conferences, and appointments without clearance. Arranges hotel and travel accommodations for frequent, extended trips.
6. Prepares special or one time reports, presentation materials, summaries, or replies to inquiries, selecting relevant information from a variety of sources. May assist in the research, analysis and interpretation of data under the direction of management.
7. Performs a broad range of administrative support details on a regular basis, requiring initiative and judgment to make independent decisions for which probable errors may have moderate effect on cost impacts on organizational outcomes.
8. May hire, train, conduct performance reviews, and direct the workflow for the department staff. This includes completing projects by assigning work to clerical staff and following-up on results.
9. This position primarily focuses on the operations of the office of the system SMT (Sr. Mgmt Team) member, senior director, facility CEO or large facility CNO to which this position reports. Responsibilities extend across organizational lines, requiring extensive interaction and involvement throughout the system/facility, as well as the community. This position routinely interacts with SMT, board members, physicians, patients, board members, employees, the media, as well as business and community leaders.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge. A strong working knowledge of administrative/specialized business support services as normally demonstrated through three to four years administrative support experience at a progressively responsible level required.
Must have written communication skills to edit and proofread business correspondence and reports. Also requires the ability to type accurately and efficiently from rough draft and machine transcription or personal dictation, involving standard business vocabulary, using common word processing programs. Must have the ability to acquire and utilize a thorough knowledge of organization policies, practices, and operations and oral communication skills to perform routine administrative details, such as arranging meetings, responding to non-routine inquires from telephone callers or visitors, and gathering background information for sensitive or confidential reports. Must have the ability to analyze routine administrative details of limited complexity, such as resolving minor scheduling conflicts, redirecting mail, etc. Must have excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills to effectively interact with all levels of the organization. Must possess the ability to convey a professional image, as well as, effectively represent the organization as appropriate in its relationship with external customers. Must have a working knowledge of personal software packages to perform the administrative functions described above.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.