Explore and excel. At Banner Health, health care is a team effort. One might be surprised by the number of people who work behind the scenes and play a critical role in ensuring the best care for our patients. Apply today.
As a Finance Systems Consultant for Banner Health, you will support enterprise labor productivity and premium labor reporting using systems such as Kronos (Dimensions), LAWSON GL, McKesson and other IT applications. Additional functions include labor productivity rolling forecast processes as well as central Finance month end reporting. An ideal candidate will have the ability to leverage and create data visualization that drives and informs action plans for efficiency and resource needs. High Excel proficiency is required. Experience with new technologies such as UKG Dimensions (formally Workforce Dimensions), Forecasting and Modeling is highly preferred.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. This opportunity is also eligible for our Management Incentive Program, as part of your Total Rewards package. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position provides expertise on complex system applications and leads project teams. This includes analyzing data and building complex reports and/or data repositories and other presentation materials. The incumbent must have significant knowledge about cross functional departments in order to serve as a liaison and provide relevant guidance or leadership. This position is responsible for and/or participates in creating functional documentation, participating or reviewing technical documentation, system configuration, creating training materials and facilitating or leading cross functional teams through projects and/or issues to achieve desired results.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Facilitates cross-functional teams and/or leads projects with regional or company-wide scope to implement system or policy changes, determine policies and manage process improvement and redesign. This may also include providing oversight, general work direction or leadership to individuals on team.
2. Performs analysis of customer needs. Manages and supports the identification and research of new developments and uses of current systems and applications, as well as upgraded systems and applications to meet customer needs. Products may include, but are not limited to; online applications, complex reports.
3. Serves as a liaison and expert resource for application functional configuration or customers between internal and external resources. This may also include education, negotiation and troubleshooting for system, regional or business policy issues.
4. Maintains optimal operation of departmental application in partnership with IT or external software vendor, as appropriate. This may include leading the implementation, maintenance, testing and/or functional design.
5. Keeps current on industry and regulatory/compliance issues within assigned areas. Provides system and reporting consultation on these issues to customers.
6. Creates presentations and/or reports for management involving significant analysis of multiple or complex data sources.
7. Develops interrelationships among partners and customers who might have similar information needs and manages those relationships to assure effective solutions.
8. In some roles, this position may supervise professional staff.
9. This position makes decisions using policies and guidelines, but must demonstrate expertise in applying solution to non-standard or routine situations.
Must possess a strong knowledge as normally obtained through the completion of a bachelor's degree in a related business discipline or computer science.
A level of experience as would typically be obtained in no less than 5 years working with complex data environments or systems. Must demonstrate ability to lead project or cross-functional teams to resolve, implement or reach consensus on issues. Advanced business or clinical knowledge and demonstrated ability to utilize technical skills to resolve organizational needs.
Excellent working knowledge of typical word processing, spreadsheet and/or database applications is required. Strong organizational skills, as well as, excellent oral and written communication and human relation skills are required.
Experience with department specific software, including advanced integrated or independent report writing applications.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.