In accordance with Colorado's EPEWA Equal Pay Transparency Rules.
Explore and excel. At Banner Health, health care is a team effort. One might be surprised by the number of people who work behind the scenes and play a critical role in ensuring the best care for our patients. Apply today.
Join Banner Health as a Senior Internal Auditor where you will be instrumental in performing internal audit functions within the system. You will build effective relationships with key business partners, assess risks to the organization, and problem solve. Internal auditing experience within a healthcare organization is desired.
This can be a remote position if you live in the following states only: AR, AZ, CA, CO, FL, IA, MO, ND, NE, NV, TX, UT, WA, & WY
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is part of the organization's internal audit functions, with responsibilities including assessing key risks to the organization, planning audits and evaluating the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls. Communicates audit results effectively, while providing meaningful recommendations and assisting management in developing risk mitigation action plans to strengthen the internal control environment for the organization. Works very closely with management and cooperatively with other departments (e.g. Compliance, Risk Management) and other service providers to ensure the timely completion of audits, projects and implementation of remediation action plans.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Assists department supervisor in the process of assessing organizational risk. Based on the assessment, an annual audit plan is developed which appropriately allocates audit resources to the areas of greatest risk to the organization.
2. Coordinates, plans, and executes audits by working with managers and process owners to develop audit programs that document, assess, and test the effectiveness of key internal controls.
3. Communicates the audit plan and process so that those being audited understand the requirements and expectations. Listens effectively throughout the audit process in order to effectively evaluate the risks and controls. Communicates audit results throughout the audit life cycle with and management and issue final audit reports with minimum re-work and support of management.
4. Facilitates and/or provides training as required to correct problems identified during audits. Assists facilities in the development of corrective action plans based on audit results and conducts follow up audits where needed.
5. Effectively analyzes using data analytics tools.
6. Provides support to external financial, compliance, and operational auditors in the performance of the audits they have been engaged to perform. This includes serving as liaison for external and internal audit activities.
7. Responsible for managing assigned audit findings and remediation and ensure remediation plans are completed by management on time to effectively mitigate the risk.
8. Maintains a strong knowledge of IT security controls; including evaluating ITGC, application controls, cyber security and risks, as well as current audit techniques and emerging risks facing the healthcare industry. Applies knowledge of CoBIT, COSO, Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) and Governance, and Risk and Compliance (GRC) concepts when needed.
9. This position interacts with a multitude of directors, managers and staff throughout the system depending on the area that is being audited. The diversity of areas that may be audited is significant. These areas range from Banner executives to operational management and staff, to executives and managers with external partners or companies, clinical departments such as pharmacy to the accounting treatment of specific transactions. The position will be required to work cooperatively with various external auditors.
Requires a Bachelor's degree in business, accounting, and information technology or other relevant field or equivalent experience.
Must possess a proficiency level in analyzing and documenting business process controls, identifying risk and performance as generally achieved in 5+ year's public accounting and/or internal audit experience. Relevant experience in improving internal control processes are a job requirement. A solid track record of demonstrated career achievements and academic excellence are expected. The successful candidate should demonstrate excellent communication skills (both oral and written) and strong technical audit skills.
Master's degree and/or professional designations such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), or Certified Information System Auditor (CISA) CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, CRMA are preferred. Also, knowledge of healthcare regulations (e.g. CMS, HIPAA, PCI, etc.) and health plans are a plus.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.