Health care is constantly changing, and at Banner Health, we are at the front of that change. We are leading health care to make the experience the best it can be. We want to change the lives of those in our care - and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
As a IT PACS Analyst 1 , you will be one of the critical and key contributing roles to the support and success of Banner Health's PACS (Picture Archive Communication System). You will have the ability to begin your career in a competitive IT field with growth opportunity throughout the department and within Clinical Applications. You will have the opportunity to impact patient care and outcomes without direct patient contact and be a part of an organization that is leading the healthcare industry in Arizona.
This position will be Remote (in touch) with the expectation of some on-site support at the various Banner Health facilities in the East and West valley . The PACS team as a whole consist of 32 team members. This position would be M onday - Friday 10AM-6:30PM with some rotating weekends . No on-call required. 30 minutes for lunch. The primary focus supporting our PACS hotline. The hotline takes calls daily from all Banner locations needing assistance with PACS related or PC issues while also working on other task and projects assigned to them.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for the analysis, the daily operations and system maintenance activities of the medical imaging Picture Archiving Communication System (PACS). Provides knowledge, guidance and research to define and modify processes in accordance with department/facility policies and procedures.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Maintains and optimizes the work flow in the PACS arena in accordance with established procedures. Maintains, monitors and troubleshoots the systems to ensure uninterrupted operation. Ensures compliance with all department, facility and regulatory policies, procedures and guidelines.
2. Participates in the development and implementation of goals and objectives, and assists with the communication of those goals and objectives to various PACS staff and stakeholders.
3. Coordinates initiatives for development of operating standards, protocols, and administrative policies and procedures. Develops and implements procedural and educational changes as appropriate.
4. Acts as liaison between department and other internal departments, vendors, and outside agencies to ensure the delivery of timely and efficient services and problem resolution.
5. Tests, implements, and maintains interfaces between contributing image and IT systems.
6. Supports system users with operational problems by resolving issues and concerns using internal and external resources.
7. Provides operational support in the radiology Picture Archiving and Communication System arena of the assigned facility/facilities and/or business entities. Participates in committees as assigned. Internal customers: All levels of medical imaging and nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External Customers: vendors, regulatory and health agencies, patients and family members.
Previous experience with PACS application.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.