Those who have joined the Banner mission come from all walks of life, united by the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
The Banner Boswell Skilled Nursing Facility is a 91-bed facility affiliated with the Banner Health System has an overall rating of 4 out of 5 and has a short-term rehabilitation rating of High Performing! We are not for profit facility. We are not for profit facility. Our Nursing Patient ratios are 1:10 which is very generous in the SNF environment. We pride ourselves on our excellent Therapy Team and Nursing Care who provide great patient care and assist our patients in getting to their next transition in care. We are proud of our length of stay which discharges patients to their next transition in care in just the right time where they can continue their recovery in the comforts of a more homelike environment.
As an LPN you will be a part of a highly organized and collaborative team. You will observe your patients and contribute to the plan of care for them. You are encouraged to provide and evaluate care appropriate to the physical and developmental age of assigned patients. You may also participate in the admissions process including new resident evaluations. The hours for this day position are 6:00am - 6:30pm to include rotating weekend and holidays. Join our team! We strive to provide a highly coordinated experience for our patients.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Help patients return to as independent a lifestyle as possible at the Skilled Nursing Facility at Banner Boswell Rehabilitation Center. This short-term, inpatient rehabilitation facility is designed to maximize each patient's functional abilities. Some of the most common care pathways at the skilled facility include recovery from hip fractures, stroke, diabetes, joint replacement and debility/weakness.
POSITION SUMMARY This position provides nursing care under the direction and supervision of a registered nurse and/or licensed physician, and is accountable for the quality of nursing services delivered by self or others who are under his or her direction. This position observes, contributes to the plan of care, implements, reports and documents patient care in accordance with department policies, standard of care and state scope of practice. This position utilizes specialized knowledge, judgment, and nursing skills necessary to contribute to the assessment of data and to plan, provide and evaluate care appropriate to the physical and developmental age of assigned patients.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Observes, compiles and reports the patient's physical, psychological, social, spiritual, educational, developmental, cultural and discharge planning needs. Reviews available information obtained by health care team members.
2. Contributes to plan of care under direction of registered nurse, including the discharge plan, utilizing assessment data and patient, family and health team input. Considers the physical, cultural, psychosocial, spiritual, age specific and educational needs of the patient in the plan of care. Plans care in collaboration with members of the multidisciplinary team. Reviews plan of care to reflect changing patient needs and provides input for updates as needed.
3. Implements care based on delegated interventions identified in care plan and medical orders, within scope of practice. Provides care based on physician orders and the nursing plan of care, in compliance with policies and procedures, standards of care, and regulatory agency requirements. May delegate and provide supervision in the provision of care to non-licensed personnel, in accordance with state scope of practice. Promotes continuity of care by accurately and completely communicating to other caregivers the status of patients for whom care is provided.
4. Reports condition of patient, including signs and symptoms which may be indicative of change in the patient's condition to the registered nurse and/or physician. Observes and reports patient progress towards goals and expected outcomes in collaboration with other health care team members. Observes and reports patient's response and the effectiveness of patient teaching.
5. Documents observation, implementation and data in the patient record. Documentation reflects objective/subjective data, nursing interventions and patient's response to treatment. Notes physician orders accurately and in a timely manner.
6. May plan, organize, develop and coordinate the completion of documentation and the input of patient assessment data as required by federal regulation. Maintains, updates and revises required documentation according to patient changes in condition, as regulated by federal and/or state guidelines. Effectively communicates and coordinates with members of the interdisciplinary team regarding appropriate functional/care level and transition to another level. Performs audits related to the reimbursement documentation and the quality management process. Reviews audit results and presents summary information for management utilization and review.
7. May coordinate the admission process including new resident evaluations. Provides verbal and written communication to residents, families and referrals sources regarding the process for admission to the center. Facilitates problem solving with residents, families, referral sources, insurance companies and clinical staff.
8. This position works under supervision, prioritizing data from multiple sources to provide quality care and support to the patient and family. Incumbents work in a fast-paced, sometimes stressful environment with a strong focus on customer service. Interacts with staff at all levels throughout the facility, as well as patients, families and physicians.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Must possess a current, valid LPN or LVN license in state of practice, temporary LPN or LVN license in state of practice, or compact LPN or LVN licensure for current state of practice. BLS certification is required. Additional certification or continuing education may be required based on area of practice. Completion of a state approved IV therapy program may be required in certain facilities and/or departments in accordance with state scope of practice, regulatory requirements or facility/ department policy.
Banner Registry and Travel positions require a minimum of one year experience in an acute care hospital setting. Experience must include working in an acute care setting within the past 12 months as a LPN or LVN in the specialty area. Employees working for Banner Home Care/Hospice or Boswell Skilled Nursing Facility must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Experience in designated clinical area is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.