Medical imaging plays a pivotal role in the delivery of excellent patient care at Banner Health. From detection and diagnosis to the treatment of illnesses and abnormalities, Banner Health's varied medical imaging and radiology services help physicians establish and execute individualized treatment plans.
At Banner University Medical Center Phoenix, our advanced imaging technologies combine with certified imaging professionals to ensure that all our Sophia's receive the most accurate medical screening services available. If being an integral part of a Level 1 Trauma Center, Transplant Center, and the first Comprehensive Stroke Center in the State of Arizona interests you, then this is the place for you!
This is a full time (40 hours), position
Enjoy 4 10's Tuesday-Friday 9am-7pm
University Medical Center Phoenix Banner - University Medical Center Phoenix is a nationally recognized academic medical center. The world-class hospital is focused on coordinated clinical care, expanded research activities and nurturing future generations of highly trained medical professionals. Our commitment to nursing excellence has enabled us to achieve Magnet(tm) recognition by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. The Phoenix campus, long known for excellent patient care, has over 730 licensed beds, a number of unique specialty units and is the new home for medical discoveries, thanks to our collaboration with the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Phoenix. Additionally, the campus responsibilities include fully integrated multi-specialty and sub-specialty clinics, and with a new $400 million campus investment, a new patient tower and 2 new clinic buildings will be built.
POSITION SUMMARY This position performs standard and complex prescribed electroencephalographic and evoked potentials procedures to patients. This position analyzes data during the recording, making certain that the information being obtained is valid and interpretable.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Performs prescribed standard and complex electroencephalographic and evoked potential procedures in accordance with departmental policies and procedures.
2. Analyzes, identifies and documents procedures as outlined by departmental policies and procedures to maximize patient outcome.
3. Ensures an accurate and readable recording using deductive reasoning to trouble shoot minor problems and make adjustments as needed during the procedure.
4. Collects and/or reviews pertinent medical, historical, and medication information in order to perform the appropriate study prescribed by the physician as outlined by departmental policies and procedures.
5. Assists in nerve conduction velocity procedures, where applicable in accordance with departmental policies and procedures.
6. Assists with activities to improve department processes, facilitate testing and maintain quality to achieve optimal patient results.
7. Assists in scheduling of patients, charge entry and maintains equipment as outlined by department policies and procedures.
8. Independently performs prescribed routine and complex electroencephalographic and evoked potentials procedures to patients. Internal customers: All levels of nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External Customers: regulatory and health agencies, patients and family members.
Associate's degree or equivalent experience.
Requires Registration in Electroencephalography with the American Board of Registered Electroneurodiagnostic Technologists (ABRET).
This position requires EEG and Evoked Potentials knowledge typically achieved with three years of experience. Must demonstrate effective communication skills, human relations skills, advanced mathematical skills, analyze data and solve problems.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.