Banner Staffing Services offers a world of opportunities to make an impact on one of the country's leading health systems. If you're looking to leverage your abilities to make a difference - you belong at Banner Staffing Services
As the internal staffing (registry) provider for Banner Health, Banner Staffing Services (BSS) provides opportunities within one of the country's leading health systems. The BSS team is dedicated to providing personal attention and professional support for its employees. Registry opportunities are a great way to market your skills within Banner Health. As a BSS employee, you are eligible to apply (at any time) as an internal applicant to any regular full-time or part-time opportunities within Banner Health.
In addition, registry employment through BSS offers:
Flexible Schedules (select positions)
Fewer Shifts Cancelled
403(b) Pre-tax retirement plan
Employee Assistance Program
Employee wellness program
Discount Entertainment tickets
Auto Purchase Plan
BSS Registry positions do not have guaranteed hours and no medical benefits package is offered. BSS requires: Completion of post-offer Occupational Health physical assessment, drug screen and background check (includes; employment, criminal and education).
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for assisting providers in delivering medical care, as well as implementing and evaluating direct patient care. This position utilizes specialized knowledge, judgment and skills necessary to provide appropriate patient care.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Applies, adjusts and removes casts, splints, immobilization devices and traction. Removes sutures, staples, pins and wires; changes dressings and cares for wounds. Measures and fits patients for braces and other orthopedic devices. Educates patients about various orthopedic conditions.
2. Assists physician in reduction of fractures and dislocations. Assists with and performs the removal of orthopedic hardware. Able to interpret most types of orthopedic fractures and dislocations on x-ray films.
3. Performs first and second assist functions during procedures and surgeries under direct supervision of a surgeon. Knowledge of all operating room aseptic techniques, including setting up proper draping and surgical fields. Positions and prepares patient for various orthopedic surgical procedures in operating room; including fracture table setup, patient positioning, and specialized orthopedic instrumentation.
4. Assists providers with examinations, including obtaining medical history and vitals, draw up injections, and taking necessary measurements. Instruct patient in pre and post-operative care, proper care of casts and splints, and crutch training.
5. Documents all information into the patient records system accurately and completely to ensure maximum reimbursement. Obtains all necessary signatures and documentation. Provides administrative support in orthopedic department when needed.
6. Orders, tracks and maintains product inventory. Replenishes and disperses supplies within the exam rooms to ensure all rooms are appropriately stocked and readily accessible.
7. Maintains a clean, functional environment including cleaning and disinfection of equipment, exam rooms and storage areas. Performs basic maintenance of equipment and coordinates needed maintenance for prompt repairs.
8. May supervise and train other non-certified Cast/Orthopedic technologists.
9. This position functions with limited supervision and is responsible for all aspects of the patient experience. Interacts with all levels of staff in a variety of departments, physicians, patients/clients, families and external contacts, such as vendors and employees of other health care institutions.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The core functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Current BLS certification. Current Registered Orthopedic Technologist (ROT) certification.
Requires knowledge of medical terminology, insurance processes, and general billing/coding processes as typically obtained through one year experience in a hospital or physician practice environment. Requires strong computer skills, including the ability to work with medical software. Requires exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Requires the ability to manage multiple changing priorities in an effective and organized fashion.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Current certification as an Orthopedic Technologist by the National Board of Certification for Orthopedic Technologists (NBCOT).
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.