Find your path in health care. Operating a hospital is more than IV bags and trauma rooms. One might be surprised by the number of people who work behind the scenes and play a critical role in ensuring the best care for our patients. Apply today.
Banner Staffing Services (BSS) offers Registry/Per Diem opportunities within Banner Health. Registry/Per Diem positions are utilized as needed within our facilities. These positions are great way to start your career with Banner Health. As a BSS team member, you are eligible to apply (at any time) as an internal applicant to any regular opportunities within Banner Health.
As a valued and respected Banner Health team member, you will enjoy:
Flexible Schedules (select positions)
Fewer Shifts Cancelled
403(b) Pre-tax retirement
Employee Assistance Program
Employee wellness program
Discount Entertainment tickets
Auto Purchase Plan
Registry/Per Diem positions do not have guaranteed hours and no medical benefits package is offered. Completion of post-offer Occupational Health physical assessment, drug screen and background check (includes; employment, criminal and education) is required.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for the collection and receipt of biological specimens, proper entry into the computer system, preparation of samples for analytical testing, and/or distribution of these specimens to the proper analytical area. This includes responsibility for pre and post aspects of analytical testing. This position will also perform specified analytical testing as assigned. This position may perform duties associated with blood donor registration services.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Performs specimen collection and patient preparation, ensuring correct patient and specimen identification and specimen integrity by using appropriate techniques as required. Aliquots and labels specimens according to established departmental procedures and practices, delivers specimens to the technical area in a timely manner and / or performs initial processing and preparation of samples for transport.
2. Verifies patient demographics, insurance, and diagnostic test information, and accurately enters data into appropriate systems to ensure accurate documentation and billing.
3. Focuses on quality by assuring that all work performed is accurate and complete. Initiates computer generated reports as required for patient reporting and quality assurance monitoring. Completes documents legibly and accurately per site protocol. Maintains familiarity with departmental procedures. Uses appropriate documentation to record communications.
4. Maintains laboratory equipment. Maintains clean, safe work environment and makes appropriate reagents/bleach. Performs other technical support functions as determined by the department. Trouble shoots routine problems within their area of responsibility.
5. Assists with inventory management and ordering of supplies. Recognizes and provides input towards opportunities for improvements in financial performance, to decrease costs, improve productivity, and improve service.
6. May perform assigned patient testing, including, but not limited, to EEG, EKG, spirometry and pulse oximetry. May perform collections for drug and alcohol screening, following chain of custody protocols.
7. May be assigned daily oversight of staff workflow, operations, financial activities, and safety and policy standards.
8. Primary contact is with patients, under the direction of the provider and/or clinical supervisor. Internal customers: employees within the organization. External customers: patients and family members, physicians, physician office staff, and other healthcare professionals.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
Banner Health Leadership will strive to uphold the mission, values, and purpose of the organization. They will serve as role models for staff and act in a people-centered, service excellence-focused, and results-oriented manner.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge. A current license in state practiced as required by state law.
May be required to possess a valid driver's license and be eligible for coverage under the company auto insurance policy.
Must be able to communicate effectively in both oral and written formats.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Phlebotomy certification. Previous experience of at least six months in a clinical laboratory setting or completion of phlebotomy school.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.