In accordance with Colorado's EPEWA Equal Pay Transparency Rules.
Great careers are built at Banner Health. There's more to health care than doctors and nurses. We support all staff members as they find the path that's right for them. Apply today, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Banner Health's North Colorado Medical Center is looking for candidates who display ownership of their work, and asks questions when needed. This team is a leader in the industry. The department is team oriented with collaborative project management style and expectations.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position effectively manages all new construction and major renovation projects at one or more facilities, under the supervision of the Project Executive. The Project Manager is responsible for groups of small to medium size projects, $250k to $30m, 10 to 15 projects at a time, or a single, large project $30m to $100m or assists a Project Executive with very large projects, $100m to $350m. Works closely with hospital leadership teams to evaluate and prioritize projects, manages the performance of design and construction teams, tracks project costs and schedules to achieve project budget and timelines, and mitigates risk through assessment of quality, scope, safety and regulatory requirements. Coordinates system and facility resources to achieve system priorities and facility project goals.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Provides leadership by directing project teams, architects and contractor activities. Leads team meetings, and ensures effective communication throughout project life. Interacts positively with facilities personnel, administration, medical staff members, department managers, vendors, and other outside agencies.
2. Evaluates and proactively identifies potential project issues such as disruptions to operations, contract work, emergency repairs and potential damage situations. Ensures that these issues are addressed during project planning and design and managed during construction
3. Develops project schedules for assigned projects and manages all team members to ensure coordinated, timely execution and completion of projects.
4. Prepares and evaluates projects, generates cost estimates, reads and interprets design documents, and reviews for completeness and quality, i.e. maintenance, construction, code compliance, and function. Prepares and manages budgets creating cost projections and performing project cost tracking for assigned projects. Reviews in life cycle analysis, where appropriate.
5. Ensures JCAHO, safety and code compliance is achieved on all projects. Assures contractors' and vendors' work complies with regulatory requirements and organization-wide interim Life/Safety policies and procedures.
6. Monitors and maintains project related documents including RFIs, Proposal Requests, Change Orders, testing and inspection reports, lien notices and purchase requisitions. Reviews and approves contractor pay applications and Change Orders within prescribed limits.
7. Mitigates project risk by identifying potential issues including site logistics, disruptions to operations, existing conditions and maintenance concerns. Minimizes construction impact to allow facilities to operate at a high level of efficiency.
8. Monitors contractor performance for quality and ensures appropriate level of independent testing and inspection of materials and conditions. Ensures safety standards are met in all aspects of performance of the above functions.
9. Works closely with other project team members, including IT, Tech Management, as well as interacts with facility directors, administrative staff, physician office staff, architects, contractors, vendors and other outside consultants and regulatory agencies.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Must possess a strong knowledge of architecture, construction, and/or engineering as normally demonstrated through the completion of a bachelor's degree in architecture, construction management, engineering or related field.
Five years of progressive project management experience preferably in healthcare related construction. Must have proven experience directing and managing multiple resources and projects.
Ability to read and interpret blue prints, specifications and related contract regulatory documents. Must possess a thorough working knowledge of building codes, materials and standards and project tracking tools. Must be able to compute job costs, prepare and monitor project budgets and schedules, a well as use and interpret typical contracts and agreements. Requires strong written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills to motivate team performance. Requires ability listen, negotiate, and resolve conflicts. Must be able to work independently and effectively align resources to achieve system goals. Must exercise independent judgment and be able to maintain confidential information.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.