A position in a Banner Health pharmacy is one you can look forward to. Join an engaging environment of full service, high technology and experience a wide variety of responsibilities. You'll also see how important a pharmacy job is to our ability to make life easier for our patients. Come enjoy great challenges and build both your knowledge of the field and your analytical skills.
Banner Pharmacy Services provides innovative pharmacy services and coordinated patient care across the continuum leading to improved medication outcomes. The Banner Pharmacy Services analytics team has access to state-of-the-art tooling and a comprehensive set of data spanning the care continuum. Our mission is to leverage this data to provide better, safer care to the populations we serve, and to drive growth for Banner Pharmacy Services.
A career as an analyst in Banner Pharmacy Services is perfect for an aspiring data scientist looking to hone their skills on a wide array of high-visibility, high-impact projects in a growing business. You will be a trusted advisor to senior leaders at Banner Health, and will have the opportunity to present your results directly to key decision-makers. While at Arizona's largest and most comprehensive pharmacy services provider, you will have the chance to make a big impact - both on your career and on the lives of millions of customers.
Banner Pharmacy Services division provides excellent patient care across our entire continuum through convenient access, improved medication outcomes and innovative pharmacy practices. Banner Pharmacy Services will be recognized nationally as a clinical leader and trusted partner in proactively providing innovative pharmacy services through excellence in integration, care coordination, medication management and service to make a difference in people's lives. Banner is expanding its focus from being a hospital company to a clinical quality company focused on population health management. Clinical Pharmacy Services are also included in this robust new service line and are responsible for the management of the Banner formulary, development of standardized system wide clinical pharmacy services, and management of adverse drug event preventions. Clinical Pharmacy Services provides collaborative drug therapy management and educational interventions in patient care to optimize medication therapy, improve outcomes, promote wellness, and disease prevention.
This position provides expertise on complex system applications for Banner Pharmacy Services (BPS). This includes analyzing data and building complex reports and/or data repositories and other presentation materials, as well as leading project teams. Must develop advanced and significant knowledge about BPS and Banner departments in order to serve as a liaison and provide relevant guidance or leadership. This position is responsible for and/or leads in creating data definitions, validating data, retrieving data from systems, merging data from multiple sources, performing analysis, participating or reviewing technical documentation, report configuration, creating training materials, and leading teams through projects and/or issues to achieve desired results.
1. Facilitates cross-functional teams and/or leads projects with BPS division or company-wide scope to implement system or policy changes, determine policies and manage process improvement and redesign. This may also include providing oversight, general work direction or leadership to individuals on the team.
2. Creates presentations and/or reports for BPS leadership and management involving significant detailed analysis of multiple or highly complex data sources. Analyzes data sets and reports on highly complex customer needs.
3. Manages and supports the identification and research of new developments and uses of current systems and applications, as well as upgraded systems and applications such as Teradata, SAS and Tableau as well as external pharmacy systems or vended systems and data sources.
4. Maintains optimal operation of departmental reports in partnership with IT or external software vendor, as appropriate. This may include leading the implementation, maintenance, testing and/or functional design.
5. Creates presentations and reports for BPS leadership and management involving significant analysis of multiple or complex data sources. Serves as a liaison and expert resource for displaying of data in reporting, and availability of data.
6. Establishes and defines processes, documentation and standards for data quality, and provides expert advice to end users on data access to ensure adherence to critical operating standards of care.
7. Conducts complex analysis with advanced knowledge of statistics, predictive modeling, and data mining, to drive BPS business strategies and objectives.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
Must possess a strong knowledge as normally obtained through the completion of a master's degree in informatics, statistics, engineering, or a related business discipline.
A level of experience as would typically be obtained in no less than 7 years working with complex data environments or systems.
Must demonstrate ability to lead project or cross-functional teams to resolve, implement or reach consensus on issues. Advanced business or clinical knowledge and demonstrated ability to utilize technical skills to resolve organizational needs. Healthcare informatics or data science internships or post-graduate training programs generally account for 2 years of in-field work experience. Excellent working knowledge of typical word processing, SQL, spreadsheet and/or database applications is required. Strong organizational skills as well as excellent oral and written communication and human relation skills are required. Must have the ability to communicate complex ideas to a non-technical audience. Ability to prioritize tasks in complex environments.
Experience with department specific software (Cerner, EnterpriseRx, Therigy), including advanced integrated or independent report writing applications. Experience with SAS, Teradata, and/or Tableau. Advanced knowledge of and experience in program evaluation. Experience serving as mentor within an analytics team. Experience in the pharmacy industry strongly preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.