$15.25/hr - $16.50/hr, based on education & experience
In accordance with Colorado's EPEWA Equal Pay Transparency Rules.
Banner Staffing Services offers a world of opportunities to make an impact on one of the country's leading health systems. If you're looking to leverage your abilities to make a difference - you belong at Banner Staffing Services
As the internal staffing (registry) provider for Banner Health, Banner Staffing Services (BSS) provides opportunities within one of the country's leading health systems. The BSS team is dedicated to providing personal attention and professional support for its employees. Registry opportunities are a great way to market your skills within Banner Health. As a BSS employee, you are eligible to apply (at any time) as an internal applicant to any regular full-time or part-time opportunities within Banner Health.
In addition, registry employment through BSS offers:
Flexible Schedules (select positions)
Fewer Shifts Cancelled
403(b) Pre-tax retirement plan
Employee Assistance Program
Employee wellness program
Discount Entertainment tickets
Auto Purchase Plan
BSS Registry positions do not have guaranteed hours and no medical benefits package is offered. BSS requires: Completion of post-offer Occupational Health physical assessment, drug screen and background check (includes; employment, criminal and education).
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for providing patient care and assists health care providers in performing assigned patient procedures within scope of training. Position receives general supervision from RN, APN, PA, or Physician in providing patient care.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Under general supervision of the RN, APN, PA, or Physician, performs assigned procedures including, but not limited to: electrocardiogram testing (EKG); wound cleansing; initial, repeat and orthostatic vital sign measurements; application of monitor leads, specimen collection, and transports stable telemetry or non-monitored patients to nursing units. Advanced skills and functions: Where state statute permits, performs blood glucose testing; phlebotomy; saline lock insertion; IV discontinuation; bladder (Foley) catheterization. After training in these advanced skills the ED Tech may perform these functions per state and facility guidelines on adult patients and pediatric patients twelve years of age and older upon direct delegation of the task.
2. Sets up, prepares patient and assists with patient exam and minor surgical or health procedures within scope of training such as, but not limited to: lumbar punctures; sterile instrument and field preparation, suturing lacerations, chest tube insertion, closed fracture reduction, gastric lavage, pelvic examinations, restraint application, and cardiopulmonary resuscitation. Applies orthopedic devices, to include pre-manufactured and plaster splints under physician direction.
3. Performs specimen collection, ensuring accuracy in identification and integrity by using appropriate techniques for all age criteria as required by Lab. Where state statute permits, performs point of care testing for blood glucose, hemoccult and gastroccult or other tests, and performs quality control checks on point of care equipment as required.
4. Provides communication and updates to RN, Physician or other providers related to perceived reactions or changes to patients' condition. Accurately records information in the patient record, documents vital signs and procedures completed, as well as the equipment and techniques utilized.
5. Monitors supply stock levels and reports needs. Notifies housekeeping, maintenance, biomedical engineering, and others to ensure proper equipment and a safe environment is maintained. Maintains appropriate levels of stock in medication room, exam room bedside carts, and specialty carts. Assists with health unit coordination tasks and reception responsibilities as needed.
6. Attends department meetings and educational sessions; Assists in orienting and training of new ED Technicians.
7. Position receives general supervision from RN, APN, PA, or Physician and other appropriate licensed health professionals. Position uses problem solving skills and provides effective communication with patients, patient families, health care providers and ancillary departments within the organization to provide quality patient care.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The core functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Requires Basic Life Support (BLS) certification. Either Emergency Medical Technician-Basic (EMT-B) with state licensure or certification, or Certified Nursing Assistant in state of practice is required for new hires and transfers. In Colorado: Either Emergency Medical Technician-Basic (EMT-B) with state licensure or certification.
Position requires basic computer skills, effective communication (written and verbal) skills, and problem-solving ability.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Starting pay rate for this role is $15.25 , up to $16.50 , depending on how many facilities you choose to work.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.