Innovation and highly trained staff. Banner Health executives can access the staff and resources they need to bring their vision to life. If you're looking to leverage your abilities - you belong at Banner Health.
Banner Family Pharmacy-Thunderbird is one of the busiest Banner pharmacies. It has a tremendous growth potential. The Sr. Manager will be a key driver for volume and business for this location. The retail pharmacies at Banner Health provide a valuable, convenient service to our employees, hospital based patients and patients from our clinics. These services help to reduce readmission rates, improve patient outcomes and assist in keeping Banner's health care costs to a minimum. Retail pharmacies are the most frequently visited health care provider and as such Banner retail pharmacists are positioned to have a major impact on patient outcomes.
At Banner Health Pharmacy we service discharge patients and our employees. We are committed to providing the best experience for our customers, while assuring we are giving the best customer service possible. We also are a non-profit organization allowing for federal student loan forgiveness. There is no drive-thru, and our pharmacist overlap with scheduled lunch breaks, and a position in a Banner Health pharmacy is one you can look forward to. Join an engaging environment of full service, high technology and experience a wide variety of responsibilities. This position is located at Banner Thunderbird Medical Center in Glendale, AZ.
Banner Pharmacy Services division provides excellent patient care across our entire continuum through convenient access, improved medication outcomes and innovative pharmacy practices. Banner Pharmacy Services will be recognized nationally as a clinical leader and trusted partner in proactively providing innovative pharmacy services through excellence in integration, care coordination, medication management and service to make a difference in people's lives. Banner is expanding its focus from being a hospital company to a clinical quality company focused on population health management. Clinical Pharmacy Services are also included in this robust new service line and are responsible for the management of the Banner formulary, development of standardized system wide clinical pharmacy services, and management of adverse drug event preventions. Clinical Pharmacy Services provides collaborative drug therapy management and educational interventions in patient care to optimize medication therapy, improve outcomes, promote wellness, and disease prevention.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for leading and overseeing the operational activities of Retail Pharmacy Services. Ensures the functions of the department are consistent with the policies and procedures. Assists in planning, directing, monitoring and evaluating the provision of distributive pharmacy services. May supervise those activities that provide for the purchasing, receiving, storage, delivery, and distribution of medications and related supplies. Compounds, dispenses and bills medication pursuant to prescriptions and practitioner's orders; provides drug information to physicians, nurses, allied health professionals, and patients. Participates in interdisciplinary team and patient care activities. Assures adequate departmental staffing according to workload while maintaining expected productivity levels. Supports implementation of clinical services and helps to maintain information systems within the pharmacy. Participates in developing system standards of work performance, orientation and training programs. Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients being served. Must possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status, interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements and provide pharmaceutical care based on those needs. Adheres to local, state, and federal laws regarding the profession of pharmacy practice.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Pharmacist In Charge (PIC) for retail pharmacy location. Organizes and coordinates daily activities of the Retail Pharmacy. Determines, evaluates, and cultivates internal and external relationships with respect to Banner Family Pharmacy to grow business and maintain patient care along the healthcare continuum. Reviews, revises and assures compliance with departmental and organizational policies and procedures, Federal and State laws, and accrediting bodies standards.
2. Monitors drug therapy for appropriateness of medication use, screens for drug interactions, incompatibilities, and contraindications, and recognizes potential adverse effects, intervenes as appropriate. Identifies areas needing improvement, and suggests possible solutions. Accurately prepares and documents scheduled/controlled medications transactions.
3. Participates in the planning, development, implementation, maintenance, and evaluation of the Pharmacy information systems. These activities may include oversight of database building, data collection and cataloguing of gathered information, and documentation of the process. Maintains an up to date understanding of the process involved in these activities.
4. Provides leadership and direction to the retail pharmacy staff. Assists with the development of goals, objectives, and programs for the pharmacy department consistent with those of the organization's overall strategic plan. Promotes positive customer relations and actively contributes to a supportive work environment. Fosters a team environment within the department by being cooperative in the provision of departmental services.
5. Schedules and supervises the retail department employees and participates in such personnel actions as hiring, promotion, transfer, discharge, disciplinary action and performance evaluation; develops and implements improvements to pharmacy functions.
6. Develops and implements procedures which promote efficiency to ensure economical department operations. Implements and oversees workflows that promote efficiency and safety. Develops and maintains inventory levels, and maintains fiscal accountability in the Retail Pharmacy.
7. Participates in the day-to-day duties of the Staff Pharmacist. Performs immunization administration upon patient request.
Requires a degree in Pharmacy from an accredited College of Pharmacy.
Requires current pharmacy licensure in the state of practice within 90 days of hire. Immunization certification and/or licensure (if state requires) in state of practice required within 6 months of hire.
Must possess good organizational, problem solving and computer skills. Must possess good written and verbal communication skills for interfacing with all levels of staff, physicians, patients and other contacts. Must be able to use reference tools to evaluate patient care and answer questions posed by customers.
Must have knowledge of computer software, particularly medication management information system software, Microsoft applications and Automated dispensing system.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS 3 years of experience in a retail pharmacy or similar setting; 1 year supervisory experience.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.