$22.26/hr - $33.39/hr, based on education & experience
In accordance with Colorado's EPEWA Equal Pay Transparency Rules.
Great careers are built at Banner Health. We understand that talented health care professionals appreciate having options. We are proud to offer our team members many career and lifestyle choices throughout our network of facilities. Apply today, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Located just 45 minutes north of Denver, Northern Colorado offers trendy restaurants, a thriving retail sector, and endless cultural amenities. Between wildflower-filled meadows and spectacular views of the Rocky Mountains, you will find adventures by horse, mountain bike and boat plus, endless hiking trails and world class skiing.
As a Paramedic at NCMC, you will work to respond to emergent calls. We currently have both Full Time Day (6a - 6p) and Evening (2p - 2a), self-scheduling positions. In this role you will work 1 major and 1 minor holiday a year, and will work every 3rd weekend.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for performing patient assessments, treatments, and medications within scope of training. Position receives general supervision from RN, APN, PA, or Physician in providing patient care.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Evaluates acuity level of patients and insures appropriate matching of patients care needs to unit and hospital resources. Demonstrates the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to their specific needs.
2. Performs basic patient care appropriately within scope of training: positioning, transportation, phlebotomy, ECGs, splinting, maintenance of spinal precautions. Administers or monitors medications when indicated and as ordered by a physician. Such medications are limited to those approved for administration and/or monitoring by a paramedic in the State of practice. Assists patient in transfer using proper body mechanics and transfer techniques. Starts peripheral intravenous lines, including external jugular lines, initiates infusion, and maintains and adjusts fluid administration per physician order.
3. Performs cardio-vascular monitoring and management within scope of training.
4. Performs invasive and non-invasive airway management within scope of training examples: oxygen administration, tracheal suctioning, assisted ventilation, positioning, end-tidal CO2 and pulse-ox monitoring.
5. Monitors (does not initiate) the infusion of blood and blood products for rate and patient response.
6. Actively participates in the resuscitation of critical patients as assigned. Observes and monitors patients through the diagnostic phase of treatment.
7. Recognizes changes in patient status that requires notification of charge or primary nurse and physician. Keeps ED charge or primary nurse informed of patient status and current activities. Alerts responsible physician to changes in patient status. Documents assessment and reassessments within unit guidelines on appropriate documentation forms. Documents the incorporation of assessment findings and appropriate standards statement to support desired Patient Outcomes. Documents patient progress toward outcomes and responses to interventions / therapeutic modalities example: Response to pain medication. Documents the discharge plan of care and services consulted during patient visit.
8. Provides leadership in the development and evaluation of the unit orientation and preceptor program. Actively promotes the development of clinical and professional skills of staff members by role modeling, teaching and validating competencies. Maintain a safe environment for patients and co-workers.
9. Works independently to provide excellent patient care. Internal customers include patients, ED leadership, clinical personnel, nursing staff, and physicians. External customers may include patient family members and ambulance agencies.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Depending on state of practice, Paramedic or higher Certification within the state of practice and maintenance thereafter. Current BLS, ACLS, and PALS, certifications on date of hire as required by state regulatory agency or as required by work location and maintenance thereafter. Depending on work location may be required to obtain NRP, and PHTLS within 1 year of hire, and maintenance thereafter. Valid Driver's License on date of hire.
Knowledge of customer service principles and practices. Skilled in reading, writing and comprehending English. Skilled in comprehending and following written and verbal instructions. Skilled in remaining calm in emergency situations. Skilled in operating a variety of modern office equipment. Skilled in operating a variety of ambulatory tools and equipment.
Position requires basic computer skills, effective communication (written and verbal) skills, and problem-solving ability.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.