Explore and excel. At Banner Health, health care is a team effort. One might be surprised by the number of people who work behind the scenes and play a critical role in ensuring the best care for our patients. Apply today.
Bring your skills as a Sr. Financial Analyst working with physician compensation, finance, or accounting, to our Banner Medical Group side to work with our Provider Pay Administration. This position will be responsible for supporting the financial systems and processes that ensure Banner Medical Group and Banner-University Medical Group's employed physicians are paid timely, transparently and in accordance to contract. This role will be required to create and provide reports specific to their area of responsibility for physicians, finance, and operational leaders. We are looking for someone that has professional people skills, since they would be having conversations with physicians/leaders/department chairs often, looks for process improvements and can implement them too. In this role the Sr. Financial Analyst, you would need to keeps up on laws and apply the rules to audits performed. We are needing someone with knowledge of and understanding of CPT codes, RVUs, billing systems, and processes. Position requires 3+ years of experience and a BA degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Admin, and Microsoft Excel/database management experience.
If you are an effective communicator, that likes to convey complex information to physicians, HR, finance, legal and operation. If you have the ability to effectively manage stress and prioritize assignments with shifting deadlines, then this is the role for you!!! This is a unique role for an individual that is not only a critical thinker, but is also comfortable communicating to/with physicians and medical group leadership (i.e. Senior Directors, CFO, COO, etc.). Apply today for immediate consideration!!
This role sites at Banner Corp Phoenix and is a Mon- Fri 8a-5p role.
Banner Corporate Center Phoenix Plaza, 2901 N Central Ave, Suite 160
At Banner Medical Group, you'll have the opportunity to perform a critical role in the community where you practice. Banner Medical Group provides both primary and specialty care throughout the communities in which Banner Health operates. We do this in a variety of settings - from smaller group practices like our Banner Health Clinics in Loveland, Colo. and Torrington, Wyo., to large multi-specialty Banner Health Centers in the metropolitan Phoenix area. We currently have more than 1,000 physicians and more than 3,500 total employees in our group and are seeking others to enhance our ability to deliver our nonprofit mission of providing excellent patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for providing coordination and/or collection of relevant financial data to prepare and interpret financial reports for management in an accurate and timely manner. This position provides maintenance/updates as necessary to ensure the integrity of assigned financial systems and databases.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Gathers data from various sources to document and analyze statistics and financial information necessary to complete projects in assigned area. Generates various monthly or bi-weekly financial reports or ad hoc reports that enable management to control and analyze operations.
2. Works with management and staff of various departments to assist with financial data gathering and/or interpretation. Ensures accuracy of financial information systems and maintenance of reporting. Ensures the integrity of statistical files and databases used for financial reporting.
3. Works with other analysts to manage key financial processes within the organization (including operating budgets, forecasts program reporting and analysis, charge management, cost accounting, decision support and reimbursement analysis).
4. Provides financial modeling resources for special projects assigned to the department by management for analysis. Brings strength in logic and analysis of data, sorts through data and determines which elements are useful or pertinent to the assigned project. Identifies outliers and recognizes trends, presents data and analysis results to appropriate parties.
5. Prepares timely and accurate reports and presentations for state and federal agencies, administration and corporate to satisfy mandated reporting requirements policy, law or management. Maintains accurate statistical, contractual or other financial databases, as assigned.
6. Assists in identification and implementation of operating improvements and efficiencies by identifying important trends and variances through the review of management reports and financial analysis. Educates users of the assigned financial reporting system on the utilization of reports and the functionality of those reports.
7. Provides education on available financial tools and resources and provides learning to non-financial staff so they can break down analysis in simple terms.
8. Assignments located in the Western region will have regional accountability and will provide financial analysis support for multiple facilities within the Western Region.
9. Uses specialized knowledge to analyze information and solve business problems. Works independently under general supervision. Provides management with accurate and timely information necessary to effectively manage financial operations for revenues in excess of $300m annually. Consults internally with Department Directors, Administration, Data Operations, Financial Services Department Personnel and Banner Health System personnel. Works with State governmental agencies, colleagues as other healthcare facilities, professional organizations and outside vendors. Assignments with in the Western Region will have regional scope and accountability.
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration or equivalent experience.
Requires a proficiency level typically attained with three to four years of experience in healthcare financial management/analysis work. Must have excellent analytical and organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities with changing needs and deadlines. Requires excellent human relations skills and the ability to effectively interact and communicate both verbally and in writing with all levels staff and outside professionals.
Requires strong abilities in statistical analysis, data interpretation, computer software applications, database and spreadsheet programs, plus a proficiency in financial modeling techniques to generate management reports, projections, allocations, and analyses.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.