Help lead health care into the future. Make real change in health care with the freedom to innovate and highly trained staff to execute your vision. Apply today to join the Banner Health leadership team.
When facing a cancer diagnosis, a common question is, ???where can I go for help???? The answer is Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center. By partnering with MD Anderson, one of the nation???s leading cancer centers, Banner Health???s cancer care includes outstanding cancer programs that integrate the latest in research, education and prevention. All Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center locations in Arizona and Colorado provide care based on the same protocols and practice standards provided at MD Anderson in Houston. We believe patient care is most effective when it???s truly collaborative. Our evidence-based, multidisciplinary approach brings together physicians from all cancer specialties to provide highly coordinated and compassionate care. Our cancer experts include medical oncologists, surgeons, radiation oncologists, physician specialists, nurses and clinical support staff.?? A vital member of the team includes our clinical nurse navigators who work closely with patients, guiding them through their first visit and serving as a single point of contact throughout their care. From prevention to treatment and beyond, no matter where our patients are on their cancer journey, the team at Banner MD Anderson will be by their side.
This position will support the Radiation oncology team 1-2 providers. Will oversee planning implementation, overall coordination of care, as well as patient education and symptom management of patients under radiation treatment.
Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center Clinical Trials Office is the oncology service line for Banner Research. The department operates in Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center and Banner Gateway Medical Center. The department conducts Phases I-III treatment clinical trials covering all disease groups with the goal to provide support to the physician investigators and to provide trial treatment options to the patients in a safe and ethical manner, while ensuring compliance to the FDA and institutional regulations.
This position will support the clinical research operations and is instrumental in supporting timely and quality clinical trial research. This position will be responsible for study feasibility, workload assignment and distribution, as well as supporting day to day operations for the clinical coordination team and will mentor train new and current research staff.
Hours are Full time Mon-Fri 8a-5pm, No weekends or holidays
Experience innovative technology and exceptional opportunities for growth and development at Banner Health's state-of-the-art hospital Banner Gateway Medical Center. With comprehensive electronic medical records, physician order entry, digital radiography and proprietary advanced patient monitoring, Banner Gateway provides you with the innovative resources you need to provide your patients with the best care possible. Our commitment to nursing excellence has enabled us to achieve Magnet??? recognition by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Located near Phoenix in Gilbert, Ariz., Banner Gateway Medical Center offers 176 private rooms, eight operating suites, a 37-bed emergency department and shares a campus with the Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center. Key specialties include oncology, obstetrics, bariatric surgery, emergency and other services that focus on meeting the changing needs of the dynamic and growing community we serve. About Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center Located in Gilbert, Ariz. (the Phoenix Metro area) on the Banner Gateway Campus, the center provides world-class care for oncology patients - both inpatient and outpatient - and has also brought leading oncology programs to the Banner Gateway campus including Stem Cell Transplantation and comprehensive Head & Neck cancer care. Our capabilities include five linear accelerator vaults, a brachytherapy vault, an advanced diagnostic imaging suite with PET/CT scan, more than 50 infusion bays, a cryopreservation lab and much more. Our inpatient medical oncology unit also incorporates a program that utilizes the electronic surveillance partnership in caring for the patient, where remote nurses have the ability to interact with patients via two way audio-video to assist the bedside nurse with patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for managing research clinical trials and other studies in assigned medical service lines and/or departmental areas for medical facility based studies. Works with the Physician???s Advisory Councils (PACs) to implement research strategies that enhance organization???s ability to provide excellent patient care, attract excellent medical talent, and better serve its stakeholders. Also manages the operations of the clinical practice in order to ensure that continuous, quality, accurate, timely and cost-effective services are provided.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Directs personnel actions including recruiting, new hire actions, interviewing and selection of new staff, salary determinations, training, and personnel evaluations. This position also participates in the development and implementation of departmental goals and objectives in accordance with company standards. Directs the workflow for the clinical research staff.
2. Manages clinical research staff and individual studies (as study coordinator) in conjunction with Principal Investigators (PI) to ensure that studies are conducted in compliance with research protocol, research ethics and integrity, and in a fiscally responsible way. Ensures that sponsor requirements are completed correctly, accurately, and in a timely way. Implements strategies for research within service line and is principally responsible for carrying out those strategies.
3. Implements protocols for internally sponsored/investigator initiated studies, works with investigators and internal research resources to ensure statistical significance of study designs. For externally sponsored studies promotes (to sponsors) the advantages of conducting research in our medical facilities so as to attract beneficial studies.
4. Ensures the responsible conduct of research, the protection of human subject participants and that all applicable local, state and federal policies for research are followed. Facilitates clinical research studies and grants and assures that they are conducted using good clinical and scientific practices and are in regulatory and policy compliance.
5. Collaborates with providers and managers from other departments to ensure a high quality patient experience and the highest level of patient satisfaction.
6. Promotes the adherence to policies and procedures, standard practices of the profession, and related local, state, and federal laws. Ensures compliance for various accrediting bodies and government agencies and performs all necessary reviews, audits, education, and training to maintain compliant status. Serves as the Compliance Liaison in designated practices.
7. Works with research staff, patient financial services, and financial analysts to ensure that research related charges are billed appropriately.
8. May provide direct patient care which includes obtaining patient medical history, systems review, phlebotomy, EKG, vital signs, and cognitive assessment on patients. Maintains quality assurance on designated protocols. Collects data as required and assists in interpreting and evaluating results as required. Triages adverse events and communicates with the research physician regarding the occurrence of adverse events. Collects information regarding indicated medical follow-up with the subject and collateral informants as needed.
9. This position foresees and resolves complex problems and issues. Responsibility across the assigned medical service lines and/or departments, with external contact with regulatory authorities, study sponsors, pharmaceutical sponsors, and collaborative research entities. Frequent internal contact with medical staff, hospital executives, department heads, financial and administrative staff, and patients. This position is pivotal for meeting targets for patient and employee satisfaction.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Knowledge typically obtained through completion of a Bachelors degree in Biology, Nursing, or related field.
Five years of clinical research experience. Must possess medical or bioscientific, business, and presentation skills. Strong and demonstrable planning, management, organization, collaboration and analytical skills. Must be able to communicate effectively with others by speaking, reading, and writing.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Regulatory knowledge of clinical research conduct and health care operations is strongly preferred. RN license.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.